Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:39 pm

@ Fantomen

please check your PM's ;)

CrashMidnick
FRANCE

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Hello there,

Do we know if a MegaChip can work with the Rejuvenator ?

Thanks.

fastrobplus

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am

I either never knew or don't remember the answer, but would the extra height cause a clash with the case lid?
Either way, if it's a 8372B or 8372AB Agnus, you should be able to swipe it from the meg-a-chip and use it directly by changing jumpers and upgrading RAM on the Rejuvi, or if it's the 8375, by doing that plus this adapter board:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/sharepro ... aptor.html

CrashMidnick
FRANCE

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:58 pm

fastrobplus wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am
I either never knew or don't remember the answer, but would the extra height cause a clash with the case lid?
Either way, if it's a 8372B or 8372AB Agnus, you should be able to swipe it from the meg-a-chip and use it directly by changing jumpers and upgrading RAM on the Rejuvi, or if it's the 8375, by doing that plus this adapter board:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/sharepro ... aptor.html
Thanks for your reply.

I have only 8375 Agnus here (spare ones and one soldered on the megachip). Unfortunately I do not have the skills to build the 3000 adapter myself and I did not find shops or people that sell them pre-built.

Another question would be : can I fry something if I test the Megachip ? I remember that we need to connect a wire on the 68k and I do not know what this wire is taking from the 68K. It seems to be a bus address but not sure about that.

CrashMidnick
FRANCE

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:06 pm

About the MegaChip, I reply to myself :D
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg

mtp66

Posted Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:18 am

CrashMidnick wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:31 pm
Hello there,

Do we know if a MegaChip can work with the Rejuvenator ?

Thanks.
I can tell you that the ACE2B does NOT physically fit in the Rejuvenator....I tried :(

JackTheKnife

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:04 pm

I'm one of the happy Rejuvenator owners but till now (Holidays break) I had no time to have installed it.

First, are there any better installation instructions than provided PDF? So far I have removed daughterboard and moved Denise and Paula but then I'm not able to find "two screws in the middle" to remove the motherboard. Also, should I remove those plastic posts on which the daughterboard was mounted?

Second, I have installed 1Meg Fat Agnus. Which version of the Kicstarter should I install by default on the board? Keep is default as 1.3 or go for 3.1?

Thanks

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:29 pm

Nope - the only instructions are the PDF from 1990-ish.

Have you removed the Floppy Drive? That's gotta go, too, in order to remove the motherboard.

Once you have the motherboard removed entirely from the case, I can't recommend more highly that you get these 3D printed. It's almost impossible to mount the Rejuvenator on top of the golden pins without a guide of some sort. You'll print those then push them onto the tops of the pins and only push them down about .5 mm. You want the gold sticking out, but not too much. Then once all the holes are aligned (you should try to triple-check your alignment) you'll firmly push down on the Rejuve to get that thing to go down. And the guides will slide down the pins as you go. It's a PITA and the hardest part about the installation.

Also, as you push it down and get near the bottom, you'll very likely need to double-check the blue capacitors are going through the rectangular cut out. The tolerance is nil. Honestly, that's one part of the Rejuve I I wish could be redesigned so that gap wasn't so tight. Finally, make sure you don't bottom-out the bottom of the Rejuve onto the top of any of your components down below. The new design will ride really low, though, so don't worry that it seems to go all the way to the floor. ;)

Do you have the 1MB of RAM to go onto your Rejuve's board? Those can be a bit challenging to locate these days.

JackTheKnife

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:23 pm

intric8 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:29 pm
Have you removed the Floppy Drive? That's gotta go, too, in order to remove the motherboard.
Yes, I have removed the floppy and 4 screws from the board (2 next to the PSU and 2 from the front of the board) but still, something holds it attached.
intric8 wrote:
Once you have the motherboard removed entirely from the case, I can't recommend more highly that you get these 3D printed. It's almost impossible to mount the Rejuvenator on top of the golden pins without a guide of some sort. You'll print those then push them onto the tops of the pins and only push them down about .5 mm. You want the gold sticking out, but not too much. Then once all the holes are aligned (you should try to triple-check your alignment) you'll firmly push down on the Rejuve to get that thing to go down. And the guides will slide down the pins as you go. It's a PITA and the hardest part about the installation.

Also, as you push it down and get near the bottom, you'll very likely need to double-check the blue capacitors are going through the rectangular cut out. The tolerance is nil. Honestly, that's one part of the Rejuve I I wish could be redesigned so that gap wasn't so tight. Finally, make sure you don't bottom-out the bottom of the Rejuve onto the top of any of your components down below. The new design will ride really low, though, so don't worry that it seems to go all the way to the floor. ;)
So I assume that I need to remove those extra pins from the top of all of them as well those 3 plastic poles.
intric8 wrote:
Do you have the 1MB of RAM to go onto your Rejuve's board? Those can be a bit challenging to locate these days.
Yes, I got some extra left from my expansion board project for A500 as well got some on eBay.

Return to “Hardware”