Beska

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:02 pm

Also interested in purchasing a completed board. Any builders out there please give me a shout.

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:41 am

Fantomen wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 am
finrock wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:11 am
I'd love to purchase a completed board.
I sent you a PM
Thanks, I responded! Would much rather deal with someone who frequents this board :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:28 am

UPDATE:

Over on YouTube I got this relevant comment this week from Robert Schlämmer:
I assembled the rejuvenator and I am very grateful and happy about it !!! It really works perfectly! I only have to make one comment, namely the wrong values ​​are given on C21 and C30, with which the clock does not run. A 0.1uf capacitor belongs on C21 and a 20pf capacitor on C30, both 10uf.
I sent those comments to Joe and he got back to me. Very important details:

Joethezombie:
Thank you so much for letting me know the issue. These capacitors were omitted from the BOM completely. The schematics had default placeholder values. I’ve updated the BOM. The schematics will update in time, I’m working with some issues after the KiCad 6 upgrade.

But I think the fella mixed his positions, .1uF should be on C30 and 20pf should be on C21. The circuit is nearly identical to the A500’s memory/RTC upgrade card.

Signman

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:59 pm

Me being a novice I still have pretty much assembled everything.
Cr1 and cr2 were not on my mouser list i received from others. Found on BOM so will order this week.

my question is value on board for R1 33ohm but my mouser list has 33 like all the others , which one is right?

Finally, how do acquire the wires (clips?) that I see on others assembled boards?

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:30 pm

Signman wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:59 pm
my question is value on board for R1 33ohm but my mouser list has 33 like all the others , which one is right?
33 ohm is correct.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:00 pm

Fantomen wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:15 am
Since I had to order 5 PCBs for my build, I still have spares:
One clean PCB
One finished Rejuvenator.
PM me if you need any of that.
I’d love a clean board ;-)

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:31 pm

A1-X1000 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:00 pm
Fantomen wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:15 am
Since I had to order 5 PCBs for my build, I still have spares:
One clean PCB
One finished Rejuvenator.
PM me if you need any of that.
I’d love a clean board ;-)
check your PM :)

A1000Guy

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:25 am

Hi guys - just heard about this project. I'd love a remade Rejuvinator board, but how much are they assembled?

Thanks

Steve

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:25 am

A1000Guy wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:25 am
Hi guys - just heard about this project. I'd love a remade Rejuvinator board, but how much are they assembled?

Thanks

Steve
It would vary depending on what parts you already have on hand, namely, the memory and Agnus. Sourcing the 1MX4 RAMs in DIP format is next to impossible, and, when found, very expensive. Finding an 8372B A3000 Agnus is going to be pricey, too, if not impossible. There's an adapter that can be built that will allow you to use an A500+ Agnus in an A3000. This adapter is needed for the Rejuvenator as well for a 2MB variant in which you substitute the A500+ 2MB Agnus. Having someone build you one of those adapters will add price to the cost, because they are a very tight, difficult solder. Also, if you want 2 MB of RAM, you can use SMD 1Mx4 RAMs, soldered onto a DIP socket adapter board. The J-lead chips are a pain in the rear to solder as well, so, expect that to increase the cost to you as well. To give you a rough idea of parts cost alone, not counting the Agnus, I spent about $200 or so. It takes time to assemble, so, that too will add to the cost. There is a guy on Amibay selling ones he builds for roughly $415 plus shipping (from Europe, so most likely quite pricey to the US at this point, especially if you ship it with a reputable company that offers insurance and tracking versus regular postal service).

A1000Guy

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:36 pm

Thanks for the response. I'd be perfectly happy with 1Mb chip RAM . I have a Vampire V2 in my A1000, but it's hampered by the limited chip RAM. This would be a perfect solution.

Return to “Hardware”