intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:10 pm

but it doesn't change the underlying old architecture of the A1000, which is what I'm looking for.
You can always stick a Vampire 500 V2 in there if you want to transform it completely, too.

celso

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:25 am

intric8 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:10 pm
but it doesn't change the underlying old architecture of the A1000, which is what I'm looking for.
You can always stick a Vampire 500 V2 in there if you want to transform it completely, too.
Tks, not a big fan of the FPGA route tbh, I'd like to keep it real and stick with the original chips. I could just use PiStorm+Emu68 if I wanted emulation.

DiscreetFX

Posted Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:12 pm

What a totally rejuvenating project!

geekpower
Maine, USA

Posted Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:03 pm

I just placed an order for 5 Rejuvenator PCBs at PCBWay. I cannot express how excited I am to get them and start building! My Amiga 1000 is so excited right now, it's clicking its disk drive with more verve than usual - almost rattling my coffee mug off the desk.

I just hope I built the gerber files properly in KiCad and filled out everything just right on the PCBWay intake form. Fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does with my Parceiro II - possibly the greatest addition to an Amiga 1000 since Moses. He was definitely an Amiga 1000 fan.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:25 pm

LOL that was one of the most entertaining, excited posts I've read in awhile. Keep us posted!

luvwagn

Posted Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:38 pm

geekpower wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:03 pm
I just placed an order for 5 Rejuvenator PCBs at PCBWay. I cannot express how excited I am to get them and start building! My Amiga 1000 is so excited right now, it's clicking its disk drive with more verve than usual - almost rattling my coffee mug off the desk.
If it ends up working and you build an extra, please add my amiga to your list of disk clicking excitement!

luvwagn

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:58 pm

JackTheKnife wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:00 am
Anyway - can someone post some high res pic where those clips should be connected to the ICs? PDF photo is not of great quality and I want to be sure I have connected to the right IC leg. Do I need to connect +12V as well or that is an option for the original Rejuvenator only?

Here is how I have it connected:

Also installation manual is talking about a jumper to set when Kickstart ROM is present but I'm not able to locate it (one empty hole but not a jumper). And should stick to 1.3 ROM on the board or go for 3.1 or something else?
Jack, any tips to share - were those IC connection wires correct? Did you populate a jumper in the position you found? Which kick rom did you end up using, or is the picture from a normal floppy-based kick session?

geekpower
Maine, USA

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:27 pm

A beautiful thing arrived a few days ago. Well, 5 beautiful things, actually. My Rejuvenator boards from PCBWay. Possibly the most excellent thing DHS has ever dropped off at my door.
IMG_0879.jpg
I am about to place orders for parts from the BOM on github https://github.com/joethezombie/Amiga-1000-Rejuvenator

Does anyone know of any changes to the current BOM that I should be aware of?

And has anyone burned new GAL chips from dumps of the original PALs? I was thinking of dumping my PAL chips and burning new GALs just to reduce the original chip count.

Excitement is building! My Amiga definitely knows something is up.

geekpower
Maine, USA

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:01 pm

And this is why you carefully read all the available instructions and extra bits of information before you ask a silly question. Obviously someone has dumped the PALs from the OG Rejuvenator - that was the big deal of getting it to work. And these lovely dumps are all available on the github site. Yay.

Now to find some RAM - does anyone have a good source for SOJ to DIP adapters and 1Mx4 RAM?

JackTheKnife

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:34 pm

luvwagn wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:58 pm
JackTheKnife wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:00 am
Anyway - can someone post some high res pic where those clips should be connected to the ICs? PDF photo is not of great quality and I want to be sure I have connected to the right IC leg. Do I need to connect +12V as well or that is an option for the original Rejuvenator only?

Here is how I have it connected:

Also installation manual is talking about a jumper to set when Kickstart ROM is present but I'm not able to locate it (one empty hole but not a jumper). And should stick to 1.3 ROM on the board or go for 3.1 or something else?
Jack, any tips to share - were those IC connection wires correct? Did you populate a jumper in the position you found? Which kick rom did you end up using, or is the picture from a normal floppy-based kick session?
Sorry for the late response. Yes, those connections are correct.

I have ended up with the KS 1.3 and a jumper set to boot from KS rather than wait for the floppy (original A1000)

Also, I have switched CPU to the ceramic version

Return to “Hardware”