maurensen

Posted Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Maybe I'm drunk thanks to Xmas celebrations 🙉 but using the Pistorm with my Amiga 500 plus made me enjoy the 2mb chip Nirvana of that machine so a foul idea comes to my mind: would be possible in theory to place an amiga 500 mobo inside my old miggy Amiga 1000? Yes rear connections would not fit exactly but does the mobo of an 500 will fit inside a1000 case? And would be possible to connect the work of art Amiga 1000 keyboard to the 500? Don't Ban me please I'm only a drunk man 😎

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:16 pm

You might try to find a Phoenixboard:
http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/phoenix
although they are rare a unicorns.

Or you might think about a GBA or an A1100
http://a1100.arananet.net/

TommyE

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Speaking about the A1100, anyone knows if there are any updates on that project?

Regards
TommYE

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:45 am

TommyE wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Speaking about the A1100, anyone knows if there are any updates on that project?

Regards
TommYE
I gave up my hopes on that as soon as I saw that the Rejuvenator became a reality.

Signman

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am

I was also hopeful for the A1100 but after a year of announcing, doesn’t look good.
What good is Rejuvenator if you don’t have the requisite skills and resources to get it.

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Signman wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am
I was also hopeful for the A1100 but after a year of announcing, doesn’t look good.
What good is Rejuvenator if you don’t have the requisite skills and resources to get it.
I guess I lucked out. Found a guy on the Commodore Amiga Facebook group that had a couple of fully populated boards for sale (less the RAM chips, but I've already got those)

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:43 pm

Signman wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am
Bro... anyone can have a PCB made by a board house, such as JLCPCB, by uploading the Gerbers there. The bill of materials is on the GitHub site, so, go to Mouser.com or Digikey.com and search part numbers there from the BOM, and buy them. Find someone who's willing to solder it together for you and program the GALs, and willingly pay what they are charging you for their time/skill, versus trying to low ball them and complaining about price like so many Amiga people do (not saying this about you in particular since I don't know you, just a general statement, as this is the reason why I won't work on Amigas anymore for anyone else but me and a few very select friends). Problem solved.

Or, solder it yourself. It's all easy through hole soldering.

Return to “Hardware”