McTrinsic

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:54 am

I’d like to throw in a bit of an alternative perspective.

The A1000s are really rock stable. Military grade, as you could say nowadays. I’d be cautious about re-capping and all that, even including the Power supply. I’d consider that last resort. For the A1000, I (!! Personal option!) it is more likely to be a simple thing or an individual chip.

Try reseating all custom chips if you’re sure you have no static charge on yourself. If there is an indication, why not start with Denise. Any one from am A500 or A2000 will do.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:17 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:54 am
I’d like to throw in a bit of an alternative perspective.

The A1000s are really rock stable. Military grade, as you could say nowadays. I’d be cautious about re-capping and all that, even including the Power supply. I’d consider that last resort. For the A1000, I (!! Personal option!) it is more likely to be a simple thing or an individual chip.

Try reseating all custom chips if you’re sure you have no static charge on yourself. If there is an indication, why not start with Denise. Any one from am A500 or A2000 will do.
I do have a spare from an A2000 I think, it's a Super Denise card, sure why the image won't show up, nor the videos.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:41 am

Sliding in for a moment, off-topic ninja-style.
why the image won't show up, nor the videos.
I've looked into this for you, and have gone back and repaired a few of your videos, etc.

If you want to embed a YouTube video (e.g. Unlisted) here is how you do it:

Code: Select all

[youtube]11-digit-code-at-the-end-of-the-URL-following-the-forwardSlash[/youtube]
So, if you had a video that looked like this:
https://youtu.be/41q0jgGaO-c

You'd make it look like this:

[youtube]41q0jgGaO-c[/youtube]
For now, I think it is safe to assume this site doesn't support One Drive. I can look into that later if there is a clamor for it.

As for images, this gets even more complicated. The easiest way to deal with images to guarantee they will work and look great every single time is to use the Attachments feature. In fact, I'm tempted to just remove the "img" button in the post editor so folks aren't tempted. It causes more problems than it solves.

If you use the Attachments feature (below the Save Draft | Preview | Submit buttons next to "Options") it will allow you to upload and embed all of your images. It's a little clunky but it always works.

The only caveat is you need to keep each image below 2 MB each. You can attach as many as you want. And after uploading, you can even place them "inline" into your post using the Place Inline buttons. Just make sure your cursor is blinking in the post text box wherever you want the image to go.

OK! Slinking out of here now - as you were. ;)

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:35 am

intric8 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:41 am
Sliding in for a moment, off-topic ninja-style.
why the image won't show up, nor the videos.
I've looked into this for you, and have gone back and repaired a few of your videos, etc.

If you want to embed a YouTube video (e.g. Unlisted) here is how you do it:

[youtube]11-digit-code-at-the-end-of-the-URL-following-the-forwardSlash[/youtube]
So, if you had a video that looked like this:
https://youtu.be/41q0jgGaO-c

You'd make it look like this:

[youtube]41q0jgGaO-c[/youtube]
For now, I think it is safe to assume this site doesn't support One Drive. I can look into that later if there is a clamor for it.

As for images, this gets even more complicated. The easiest way to deal with images to guarantee they will work and look great every single time is to use the Attachments feature. In fact, I'm tempted to just remove the "img" button in the post editor so folks aren't tempted. It causes more problems than it solves.

If you use the Attachments feature (below the Save Draft | Preview | Submit buttons next to "Options") it will allow you to upload and embed all of your images. It's a little clunky but it always works.

The only caveat is you need to keep each image below 2 MB each. You can attach as many as you want. And after uploading, you can even place them "inline" into your post using the Place Inline buttons. Just make sure your cursor is blinking in the post text box wherever you want the image to go.

OK! Slinking out of here now - as you were. ;)
Thank you!

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Replaced the MOS 8362R5 3985 S with a Super Denise GSG 390433-02 8973R4PO 3291 24 (out of a completely unrepairable Amiga 2000) and the magic smoke did not escape my Amiga 1000.
Little clean up, and resolder one of the wires from the Spirit Inboard 1000 and it is good to go, after playing some games on it, I'll get it ready for display pack it a lot more carefully so that it stays dust free, and get to work on the Amiga 2000.

Commodore Plus/4 repaired, and now the Amiga 1000, both of which went bonkers as soon as I wanted to use them. When my shop/studio finally gets insulated and get some HVAC going (probably a split unit) I'll be ready to have some locals over to play some video games. Have about 3 non Commodore units to figure out after the Amiga 2000 is reassembled and running.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:50 pm

For anyone reading this thread, wondering what thread I used to diagnose my Amiga 1000 go to this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=324

Most of you already know where it is.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:10 pm

Had to remove the Spirit Inboard 1000, got the 1000 to boot to asking for WB, but it says it can't find a disk, also pops up as invalid. I had it completely backwards earlier, couldn't get it to do anything after I cleaned the floppy drive. I plugged the ribbon cable in backwards, causing me to panic, so I grabbed a floppy drive from my 2000 and lo and behold, because I plugged it in right (red stripe towards pin 1) it worked. I looked at a video I had been working on and sure enough, I had it backwards on the 1000 floppy drive. So I can get past the kickstart no problems. It won't read the WB disk no matter what though. The graphics are nice and clear up until the point I insert a WB diskette.
Attachments
2022-02-04 19_54_19-OBS 27.1.3 (64-bit, windows) - Profile_ Untitled - Scenes_ Untitled.png

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:41 am

You mentioned to me elsewhere you'd also created your own WB disk to no avail. Did you use a different floppy, or the same one that's failing? I wonder if the media was damaged somehow. It's odd that it can read the KS but not the floppy, unless (using my non-engineering brain) the head can only move so far across the disk's surface before it fails.

But your A2000 drive is doing the same thing? Do you have another DSDD floppy you can write the ADF on to test?

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:35 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:41 am
You mentioned to me elsewhere you'd also created your own WB disk to no avail. Did you use a different floppy, or the same one that's failing? I wonder if the media was damaged somehow. It's odd that it can read the KS but not the floppy, unless (using my non-engineering brain) the head can only move so far across the disk's surface before it fails.

But your A2000 drive is doing the same thing? Do you have another DSDD floppy you can write the ADF on to test?
I was using a Sony drive with the Greaseweazle, it worked for the Atari 1040, and I made a fresh Kickstart 1.3 after backing up the one you sent, and used the adf, and it worked, no problem. I'll try the A2000 drive with the Greaseweazle and see what happens.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Now I get a message saying use diskdoctor, isn't that on Workbench?
Attachments
2022-02-05 21_54_08-OBS 27.1.3 (64-bit, windows) - Profile_ Untitled - Scenes_ Untitled.png

Return to “Hardware”