The clearance is minimal!
The A3000 it went into never had an accelerator in it before. As a result, the default jumper positions on the motherboard were left untouched. I manually moved over the 060 libraries and plugged the card it. It fired right up!
Of course the first order of business is to get the size comparisons over with, you know what I mean?
Needless to say, this machine is the fastest Amiga I've ever owned.
Here are its current stats:
- Cyberstorm MK2 [email protected]
- ZZ9000 @ native 1024x768 on a 4:3 new LCD (crisp as a razor)
- 2mb chip, 256MB BigRAM, 8mb zips, 24MB on the CS = 290
- Try to ensure the SCSI is stable with this new setup. Some folks have had very sketchy results until the find the magical mix.
- Assuming I don't have read/write issues, invest in 4 32MB SIMMS, and remove the BigRAM board. It can go in my other A3000 (which is currently being repaired in Canada - massive battery damage that emerged years after its initial cleaning).
- Stop fiddling and simply enjoy the machine!