Dragonheart

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:39 am

I got a few more replies from people who bought Rejuvenator clones from me, all of them seem to work fine with the Kickstart switching.

Can’t test the RAD: yet as I’m not at home…

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:05 am

I installed mine today (which I might add, is NOT for the faint of heart, :shock: ), and, the kickstart switch jumper works fine for me. I built it using a PCB that did not have the final silkscreen on it. I tried both 1.3 and 3.1.4 variants of Kickstart, and, an 8372 1MB Agnus as well as a 2MB A3000 8375 Agnus (NOT an A500+ Agnus with an adapter).

If I should remove the 256K front door memory, with the jumper closed, and then power on, the screen flashes blue. I'm guessing that's normal for the A1000 if it doesn't have this memory space available? As long as that memory is there, it boots with the jumper closed with no problems to the screen asking for the Kickstart disk.

Did any of you that are having issues remove your original A1000 "kickstart" ICs (U5N & U5P) in favor of one of EzdineG's kickstart switcher, and then forget to put them back in before installing the Rejuvenator, by any chance?

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:16 am

obitus1990 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:05 am
Did any of you that are having issues remove your original A1000 "kickstart" ICs (U5N & U5P) in favor of one of EzdineG's kickstart switcher, and then forget to put them back in before installing the Rejuvenator, by any chance?
Press F to pay respect. I can't believe I overlooked that.

As EzdineG, you can believe I did that mod and did *not* have U5N & U5P installed. I initially had a TF536 installed, leading to the same black screen after reinstalling them. You have to be using a 68000!

Thanks @obitus1990. Sometimes you just need to take a step back.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:24 am

I had installed one of your switchers in mine, as well, prior to the Rejuvenator. After reading through the Rejuvenator manual, and noting that installation did not call for removing those ICs, I retrieved my set and reinstalled them. It makes sense, because if you're wanting the 1000 to go back to default mode and boot from a KickStart disk, it's got to utilize those two ICs.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:05 pm

Unfortunately, this was only the case for me. We still have 3 Rejuvenated 1000s that black screen with J100 shorted.

If some of you can confirm your motherboard revisions, I believe the issue may lie with the “Rev 6” Amiga motherboard. The search continues.

Thanks!

Signman

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:32 pm

My board so far is as good as it’s gets as far installation ready. So after a 1000 tries to insert into MB there are still a few gaps as far as those molex in center sliding all the way down. Do they absolutely need to seat to the black spacers?
Looks like amiga chips insert decently now but getting to absolute 100% fully down I just can’t get.

Greg Tibbs original manual mentions this is going to be a bear and would do it for you for a charge. Some here mention how much a pain this is but the German guy selling a bunch and Paul Rezendes say it is not a problem. Am i just being too cautious about applying enough force?

Of course due to my novice status I can’t wait to see the real issues that come up if I ever do get it installed.

olDirdey

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:15 pm

EzdineG wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:05 pm
...We still have 3 Rejuvenated 1000s that black screen with J100 shorted...
Seems there is another one with black screen after shorting j100.

Rev A Board
327049-01

mtp66

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:08 pm

I'm getting a black screen as well with the jumper on J100.

Dragonheart

Posted Sun May 01, 2022 2:23 pm

The issue with J100 is solved:

If you have an Hitachi (HD)68000, J100 will not work and cause a black screen when set.

If you use a Motorola 68000, J100 will work as expected. It doesn’t matter if the CPU is plastic or ceramic, but it has to be an original Moto. Guaranteed.

jdryyz

Posted Sun May 01, 2022 2:39 pm

I have a Motorola 68000 and still have the black screen.
Attachments
A1k_moto.jpg

Return to “Hardware”