moray

Posted Fri May 06, 2022 6:34 am

obitus1990 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm
I have an A3000 that I purchased with similar signs of corrosion. I desoldered every single component and socket in the area that had even a tinge of corrosion, then sanded off the solder mask to bare copper, checked for continuity in all traces, cleaned it in an ultrasonic, re-tinned the traces, through holes & vias, then recoated the exposed copper traces with a UV cured solder mask.

You have a lot of work ahead of you to mitigate that if you want to keep the system running...and it will not be an easy desolering job due to the large ground planes the A3000 possesses. I feel your pain.
Any tip on re-tinning vias and holes? Just fill it with solder and then take it away with a desolder pump?

Also, anybody know where to find a BOM for the A3000? that would be useful, I want to replace the passive components around that area now that I am at it (I already sources a couple of ICs).

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri May 06, 2022 5:16 pm

If you look at: LINK to the schematics [in PDF], you will see everything you need, regarding parts.

Otherwise, LMGTFY: :lol:

LINK to Amiga 3000 Schematics AND Parts List (BOM) [PNG scans]
Last edited by obitus1990 on Sat May 07, 2022 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

moray

Posted Sat May 07, 2022 2:27 am

Thanks!
I did use Google and I found a high definition PDF of the schematics from AmigaWiki but I was more looking for a list of components. I guess I should have searched for the service manual.

AmigaWiKi schematics
Commodore Schematics and list of parts

Return to “Hardware”