Signman

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:49 am

I posted in another thread that wasn't relevant so starting it here:

My board so far is as good as it’s gets as far installation ready. So after a 1000 tries to insert into MB there are still a few gaps as far as those molex in center sliding all the way down. Do they absolutely need to seat to the black spacers?
Looks like amiga chips insert decently now but getting to absolute 100% fully down I just can’t get.

Greg Tibbs original manual mentions this is going to be a bear and would do it for you for a charge. Some here mention how much a pain this is but the German guy selling a bunch and Paul Rezendes say it is not a problem. Am i just being too cautious about applying enough force?

Of course due to my novice status I can’t wait to see the real issues that come up if I ever do get it installed.

olDirdey

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Use additional sockets, then it is easier to install the board. With them installed you don´t need to push it down all the way.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:10 pm

I also used extra sockets.

Signman

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Those aren’t the real hard part, it’s the thru hole molex on gold pins.
Anyways I may give this a long vacation. Broke more pins and will require more desoldering among my expected future problems. I gave it a go. At some point may send to someone more competent.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:55 pm

olDirdy,

How many sockets did you require? I can't tell from your photo if the bottom socket is the motherboard socket or yet another one in addition to the ones on the first photo (underside of the Rejuvenator).

I found 14mm pins, and didn't use extra sockets, so I am curious.

olDirdey

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:29 am

it´s one socket on top of the pinstripe that is soldered to the rejuvenator. Can measure the exact height next time I open the A1000

Signman

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:20 am

It's in, seems full seated but nothing. Flashing blue and green screens
For starters, do any of you eagle eyes see anything wrong with chips used by looking at photo
Thanks

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:55 am

First, do you have the 256k front panel extension memory in place? It has to be for the machine to boot.

Second,are the legs of the resistors at the top left of the photo touching each other? It looks like they are, but, that could just be the angle of the photo.

Finally, I don't see any jumpers installed for the memory configuration at J101 and J102, telling the rejuvenator how to deal with the 512K of motherboard RAM.

Signman

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:37 pm

I checked resistors, not touching. Jumpered both ways and reattached 256k module, no change.
I am using pistorm on this and it seems to be going thru sequence looking at led activity.

Blue and green screens tells me my transplanted chipset is not seen or just major issues with board assembly.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:12 pm

I'm not familiar with how the PiStorm works, so I can't help there. Have you tried it with the stock 68000 instead?

Return to “Hardware”