Signman

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:45 pm

I will but I don’t see how that would affect chip problems.

Signman

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:22 pm

I installed original 68000 cpu in and nothing but black screen.
Did notice chip at U1 bottom right corner of my photo is super hot. Too hot to touch.
No others like that.

Signman

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Just realized chip on U1 is installed backwards.
I really hope this will fix this but I think my problems are deeper.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Hopefully that's all it is. Worst case is that chip may now be dead and require replacement, since that sent 5V to the ground pin.

olDirdey

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:57 am

Signman wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:20 am
For starters, do any of you eagle eyes see anything wrong with chips used by looking at photo
U3 is orientated wrong

Signman

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:02 am

Thanks guys for looking over. I knew more eyes on it would help with my bad ones. Still I didn’t rush it but maybe in the process of flipping and reinserting I flipped these.

I did correct the first one but thinking it is probably toast so now hopefully mouser has replacement. That and need of another dip socket and this expensive project gets even more so.

mlenardon

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:39 am

Please keep us updated on this progress. Another user had issues where one would not boot with a PISTORM. Hopefully this gets resolved and a list of compatible accelerators is made.

Signman

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:15 am

I’m at the end on this, done everything I can do. With 68000 no boot, black screen. With pistorm green and possibly blue screen. It acts like the board is not even present. Too much for me now.

Signman

Posted Wed May 11, 2022 5:05 pm

Finally something, a bit of hit or miss. Pushing down more on molex areas seems to help and resoldered some dubious areas.

Return to “Hardware”