McTrinsic

Posted Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:17 pm

The Lego guy rocks.
How dare you replace him.
Support him!

dankcomputing

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 pm

Do any Mac games run? I was always curious.

SimCity or anything in a Finder window would probably be ok but what about something like Glider or Crystal Quest? I doubt something that has to boot from it's own disk like Apache Strike would work but I've never seen anyone try to give it a thorough test.

I do remember that most Ambrosia games crashed back when I had Fusion running on my 4000, which was kind of a deal-breaker for me.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:57 pm

I haven't tried a ton. But I have fired up and played:

- Quarterstaff
- Spaceward Ho!

I don't have a huge list to games I want to play on the Mac, but I've recently acquired a few more to test out soon (Scarab of Ra & Chessmaster 2000).

dankcomputing

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Will the A-Max 2.5 software run in AmigaOS 3.1 using just the dongle? I'm trying to set up A-Max on a 2000 but I only have the dongle. Given that the last time an example of the Zorro card version changed hands it was almost 400 bucks, has any attempt been made to reproduce it? It's made of 100% off the shelf parts but has anyone checked to see if the GALs on it are unprotected?

It's also kind of frustrating learning that the dongle won't work with high-density Mac drives at all. Those drives will work on normal older Macs (i.e. Plus and SE) that don't have high-density controllers and the (manual inject) versions of them are actually obtainable. Unlike the auto-inject drives, of which I have almost 10 non-working examples!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm

@dank

Have you seen the work published here?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:16 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
@dank

I had 10 of these PCBs made so I will likely have extras. I don't recall if I have all the components to make them but I am looking forward to trying it out.

dankcomputing

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:56 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
@dank

I didn't expect that. It's puzzling that the Floppy Emu will work but real Mac high-density drives won't. I almost want to try the pin 1 trick to make sure something more substantial is causing them not to work (apparently some manual-inject drives won't work in older systems unless you disconnect pin 1). Frustrating because again, manual inject drives are the only realistically sourceable drives.

Return to “Hardware”