blindguy

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:50 pm

Hello, hope all is well.

I managed to get a Dataflyer 1000 with a boat load of ram but I can't seem to get the Amiga 1000 to reconize it.
I tried looking for some docs and there isn't alot of stuff out there. I cant even get the drive light to go on.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dataflyer 1000 and have some suggestions?

I'm running kickstart 2.037 and got 2.5 megs of ram.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Attachments
20220831_121629.jpg
20220831_122133_v2.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Did you read the manual and that first part about "The PAL problem?"

If that A1K isn't the one the Dataflyer was attached to, it's possible those first few pages are relevant.

Since you have a Starboard attached (does it have any expansion modules?), it's possible your DataFlyer RAM board is adding more expansions than your A1K is able to support.

If you remove the Starboard, does the DataFlyer behave the same way? Also, is your DataFlyer RAM-only, or is there a HDD under there, too?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:52 pm

Reading about that now. VERY COOL! It has an A-Max driver ready to go should you ever go down that road. <3

blindguy

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:11 pm

Good News and bad news!!!

I pulled the starboard off and I was able to get the machine to boot and it saw all 8 megs of ram but the hard drive wasnt working so I opened it and replaced the HD with a scsi2sd and it now does not see anything.
I then pulled the SCSI drive and I still can't get the machine to see the ram. The light goes on but not seeing the ram.

Will keep you updated.

Return to “Hardware”