ddye

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:54 pm

I recently pulled out my old 1986 A1000 and have it booting up again after being in storage for many years (replaced a DRAM chip and fixed the infinite interrupt due to loose 68000 socket pin). A very long time ago I purchased a build your own SCSI card and I'm trying to remember if it was from a hardware article in Amazing Computing. The board is pretty bare bones with the only writing being a large HE in one corner of the trace layer. It has an AMD5380 controller, two logic chips, 8 position DIP switch, SCSI connector and connector for the A1000. Does anyone out there remember this build your own HW? I'd like to see if I can get it working again and don't really remember too much about it (I need a memory upgrade myself).

Last edited by ddye on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 pm

Thank you, Christian!

Here's an even better scan (download-only).

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Incidentally I think I have most of the Amazing Amiga magazines, but I'm not familiar with these Tech issues. They are really in-depth! Very cool stuff.

ddye

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Thanks Christian! I forgot that they had the Tech editions of the magazine and was trying to find it in the regular editions online. This will be a big help trying to figure out what I had running so many years ago.

I also have the build your own Lucas/Frances accelerator and RAM boards to try and bring back up but I was able to find those documents online already.

Return to “Hardware”