FerociousAmiga

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:30 pm

So last weekend I drove 4 hours one way to pick up an A1200 with a bunch of stuff I found on FB. Long story short this was owned by an older gentlemen (86y/o) and was the go to guy for any C64 series, 1541, C128 series, etc repairs/modifications according to our conversation. I received a bunch of technical Amiga & Commodore service manuals, parts price guides, software and hardware.

Going thru a bunch of boxes I brought back I found this hardware I have never heard of "The A64" (see pics). Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

PS
Wonder if this would work with the :commodore: Pi1541?
Attachments
C6401.jpg
C6402.jpg

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:35 am

Hi,

you can also see here for some more info:
http://amiga.resource.cx/search.pl?product=A64

Yes, it provides a full interface to connect something to it. If the emulated drive is working well, it will behave like a real 1541 and work.

Don’t expect wonders, though.

FerociousAmiga

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 am

-Thanks for the feed back... "does not contain real C64 ROMs" :( yep, pretty basic board.
Attachments
A6403.jpg
A6404.jpg
A6405.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 am

I have one of these as well. It allows you to connect a 1541 to your Amiga, and actually see and use the drive. However, in terms of the C64 emulation, you can really only do BASIC with it. 99% of C64 games won't work.

It's kinda neat, and lets you use your Amiga to browse files and such. If I remember correctly I found maybe one game that worked in a stack of a gazillion. But... yeah.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:58 pm

It is kind of cool but IIRC can be slow on an unaccelerated Amiga. I have the package but I think I lost the Parallel Port adapter. Thanks for the pictures as it should be really simple to recreate it.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:49 am

I guess it would be interesting to see the performance on a, let’s say, on a 68030@50.

Return to “Hardware”