intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 pm

One step forward ...

I posted for a plea for help to the Facebook Commodore Amiga group to see if anyone out there had the original manual for either card I'm dealing with. Two guys sent me stuff for the G-Force 30 (the more desirable card to get working, frankly). One was actual photos the the G-Force's manual. The other was a link to the manual, except it was the Series II (wrong one).

The photos are golden, though. I can at least check the jumpers from the real thing now! That's major progress regardless of what happens next.

UPDATE: The pics from the manual revealed 2 improperly set jumpers. !!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 am

Those blasted jumpers! :) Great that you've made progress on this.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Last night I pulled my KS 1.3 chip out of desperation and based on an idea someone shared on Twitter. The theory being if the HDDs are running 3.1, I might be able to fire them up etc.

As I suspected, it didn't help at all but was worth a quick try.

Tonight I'm going to pull my working boot drive out of my daily driver and put it in this thing. That right there should work, and I KNOW it's SCSI ID is set to 0. There's no way that isn't the case. Assuming that works, that will at least eliminate the cards/motherboard in my mind and make me become very suspicious about the other hard drives being functional at all. And if that's the case, that's a solvable problem.

Fingers crossed. Here we go.

Return to “Hardware”