Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:49 pm

JimDrew wrote:I am shipping daily. USPS leaves much to be desired with their tracking info.
That's what I was afraid of. It just says: PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Yeah, and our post office doesn't do sorting here. ALL packages get shipped to Las Vegas, NV (150 miles away) to get sorted - even those packages being mailed across the street!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:39 pm

JimDrew wrote:Yeah, and our post office doesn't do sorting here. ALL packages get shipped to Las Vegas, NV (150 miles away) to get sorted - even those packages being mailed across the street!
LOL! Good ole efficient USPS. We have a similar prob but it is only about 30 miles or so to Oakland hub for USPS. We used to have slots at the post office, up until some time in the late 90's or early 2000's, for local mail and was always overnight or even same day if you got it in there super early. Now it is 2 or sometimes 3 days for a letter to go 2 miles. What a waste. With today's technology it is surprising that this is the case.

My city is not as spread out as LHC where it takes you what like 20 minutes or more to go from one side of the city to the other? At least that is what my brother tells me all the time as he moved down there from the SF bay area. But still, USPS has gotten so much worse over the years.

Anyway, I am showing progress now and should be checking it out early next week.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 am

Looks like most people who ordered from CA will have their units today. I tracked a few for people this morning and I know some in Torrence, Oakland, and other CA locations are "out for delivery".

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Made a small change to the firmware. Someone noticed (C64 version) that the HELP menu shows ATI! instead of ATI1.

Use AT*UPDATE to update the firmware.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:04 am

Just a warning. I have just a few WiModem232 w/OLED's left in stock. I sold hundreds of these in the last week, and I am now out of the OLED displays! I have more coming next week. I do have plenty of inventory of the WiModem232 without the OLED display.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am

JimDrew wrote:Looks like most people who ordered from CA will have their units today. I tracked a few for people this morning and I know some in Torrence, Oakland, and other CA locations are "out for delivery".
Yep! Got mine this morning! Thanks!!! Looking forward to checking it out. Man I wish I could retire from working to do my hobbies full time. Never enough time. :P

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 am

I will have 300 more displays next week, so the OLED version will be available then.

Bulletdust

Posted Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:57 am

Got my WiModem232 today and I have to say I'm stoked!

Running 64Door on my Amiga 1200 @ 9600 baud the device is faultless - There was an update when I was first setting things up, did the update, no idea what it does but things are running well.

So now I have my C64 with a WiFi modem as well as my Amiga 1200 to satisfy my craving for the BBS scene!

A pic for prosperity:

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:06 am

So I've got my WiModem running great, absolutely love it! However I've noticed one slightly annoying issue, bearing in mind that we're using software that's around 20 years old so I could be dealing with a software issue.

The problem is that when running 64Door, everything runs perfectly and it's an awesome PETSCII compatible bit of terminal software, but when I type messages the system occasionally slows down and I have to really wait for the characters to catch up. After a while the system will seem to freeze altogether (I assume a really extended wait for the characters to catch up) until the BBS kicks me for no interaction, this may be worse if I type fast, I may be able to avoid it if I type slow - I haven't tried that yet. Sometimes characters just repeat across the screen for no reason.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it just me? I haven't noticed it under any other software, having said that 64Door is so good I admit it's primarily what I use.

Interested to see if this has been an issue for anyone else, makes it hard to type in long messages and means my C64 is actually more suitable for PETSCII BBS's.

Return to “Hardware”