User avatar
JimDrew
LHC, AZ
Website

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 pm

The RF module I am referring to is the one on the WiModem232 itself. That module contains the CPU/RF and serial interface. If that is defective then it could do weird things.

Have you tried using NComm or JRComm? I use these terminal programs. I have not tried any others for the Amiga (other than the 64 door), so I don't know how they need to be setup in order to use a real modem (which is what the WiModem232 emulates exactly).

User avatar
Bulletdust

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:08 pm

I haven't tried the software you mentioned Jim, I'll give the packages you mentioned a go!

i hope you don't think I'm being a 'troublesome customer'? I work with the public and I've worked in retail so I know how people can be, I in no way want you to think that I'm giving you a hard time. I just find this interesting and would be interested to get to the bottom of it.

Cheers my friend!

User avatar
JimDrew
LHC, AZ
Website

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm

I can't possibly test every configuration, so I am certainly open to all feedback! I can fix any issue, and I would like to make sure that this product works correctly on every system. So, please don't think you are "troublesome"!

I have worked on this all day, and I am re-writing the main loop just in case the issue stems from variations in the WiFi module's timing or something.

User avatar
JimDrew
LHC, AZ
Website

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Ok, good news... I found the issue that was reported with the 64 door. It seems that using 9600 baud just so happens to catch a race condition that the code has had for 2 years. I run at 57600 baud with the WiModem232 and 2400 or 38400 baud with the WiModem for the C64, so I have never seen the issue before.

I am going to have to re-write the entire receive portion of the code to correct this. But, it will definitely fix the issue. I received more displays today, but I am not going to allow more orders until this is resolved. Perhaps a day or two.

User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Jim - this is FANTASTIC news! You have no idea how excited I am that you discovered the issue!

Oh man - YES!!

User avatar
Bulletdust

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm

How good is Jim!

Good work my friend. :)

User avatar
JimDrew
LHC, AZ
Website

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 am

Ok, try the latest version. I beat on 64 door with no slow downs or any issues at 300/1200/2400/9600 baud.

Just keep in mind that if you enable flow control (AT&K1) that you MUST invert the polarities (AT*R1*C1) because 64 door uses the same inverted polarities that the C64/128 does. Kind of odd, but it does! You don't need flow control though, but in case you try it and it hangs - you don't have the proper polarities for RTS/CTS.

User avatar
Bulletdust

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 am

Just maxed out a message on Centronian BBS as Particles is down - Didn't miss a beat after upgrading to firmware 2.20. You're the man Jim, thank you so much for sorting this out.

I've already told the members of my Amiga user group to go buy a WiModem232.

[EDITED]

User avatar
JimDrew
LHC, AZ
Website

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 am

Glad to hear that fixed the issue.

BTW, WiFi232 was Paul's modem. Mine is called the WiModem232. :)

User avatar
Bulletdust

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 am

JimDrew wrote:Glad to hear that fixed the issue.

BTW, WiFi232 was Paul's modem. Mine is called the WiModem232. :)
Aw, damn.

My bad, sorry Jim. Getting confused with all the 232's!





Return to “Hardware”