intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:10 pm

Stickers sound great, but the shipping to Aus will probably be more than what it costs to print them myself.
Probably not. I can stick one in an envelope like a letter. Pretty sure I can mail a letter to AU for less than $1.50. Up to you!

Anyhoo - thanks for sharing those photos. I've never seen that before. That made my day big time.

jamesyoung

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:53 pm

Update:
Here are the floppies: https://archive.org/details/pb.-scsi.-2.0c

Turns out the hard drive is just dying, changing the power cable was a case of coincidence not causation, I have replaced it with a 2gb Seagate and will install the BlueSCSI after the parts arrive.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:03 pm

Thank you!!

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:39 am

Are you aware of the SCSI-hack that will enable a polled IO driver and support better transfer rates?

jamesyoung

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:29 am

Yes I used install method 2 as I don't want to leave a floppy in the drive every time I boot, but my Amiga doesn't boot when the driver is installed and in the startup sequence. I added Sys:Expansion/PHOENIX to my startup sequence and copied over the PHOENIX file to the Expansions folder. I already have the J driver installed.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:19 am

The ROM contains the original pbscsi.device, then.

I am talking about a combination of hardware-modification and driver.

jamesyoung

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I've installed the J driver from the disk, then the polled-pbscsi through method 2, with L30 installed, and it causes the system to stop booting

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Yes, we are talking past each other. With is a kind of an answer to my question.

There are two different types of polled drivers for this board.

The one on Aminet which loads a driver and that’s it. If it works, that is.

And a second, similar driver, which takes advantage of a modified board to increase speeds significantly with a better CPU.

Do you have a reset-safe RAM from e.g. an accelerator?

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:58 pm

And, you should check the battery. If it’s the original one on the Phoenix it may have leaked by now. Inspect closely.

Other than that, you already have a driver onboard, that’s what the EPROM is for that intric8 was showing on his picture. Don’t really need the Phoenix command to get going.

jamesyoung

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:36 pm

The previous owner replaced the cell with a lithium one before it leaked :). I have the EPROM already installed, will the driver work if I just put it in the expansion folder, and not add it to startup-sequence?

Return to “Hardware”