Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Just bought an empty A500 case and in a separate buy an A500 keyboard. Still got a Raspberry laying around. :) Now for the rest...
* Use the tip of the soldering iron to insert 4 heat sets into the top of the Pi mount, 4 more heat sets into the top of the TS board mount, 4 more into the panel mount screw receptacles on the right back mount, and 4 more into the left back mount.
So basically let the heat melt the plastic so the sets can settle in. The URL doesn't to the sets isn't available anymore btw.

Edit: yes, getting some from AliExpress :)

Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Anyone know the best temperature to get the heat sinks into the plastic molds?

Edit: 200 degrees C. That was the lowest temp setting on my soldering iron. It worked. Pro-tip: Don't force it... let the heat do it's job.
Last edited by Tekk on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantum8

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

This is great!

Has anyone made a modification to work in an A1200 case?

Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Anyone on setting the drivelight and HD activity yet? I set it to Numlock and it still does not work. Too bad.

MrNoHolster

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:34 am

Tekk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:08 pm
Anyone on setting the drivelight and HD activity yet? I set it to Numlock and it still does not work. Too bad.
Just installed my Tynemouth software mod into my Amiga 500 but disappointed I couldn’t get the Numlock to flash. Hoping someone can find a solution to this as it’s a fantastic project!

Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:59 pm

add

Code: Select all

echo mmc0 > /sys/class/leds/input0\:\:numlock/trigger
to a startup script in the OS. You have to look it up but I think you put it into rc.local It worked for me :) Not sure if you have to set numlock in the emulator. Just try it out. Good luck.

AmigaModder

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:51 am

Just building one of these now, almost all the parts have arrived and the 3d prints done. I noticed that my brackets are coming out 1-2mm smaller, not sure if it`s my 3d printer or the stl`s... Brilliant guide btw.

Stanond

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:02 pm

What an awesome mod project. I purchased an Amiga 500 case. Is there a USB keyboard that will install into the case? Or a kit to build a USB keyboard to your own specifications? Note: also using a Raspberry PI 4.
Thanks in advance.

Aryentain

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18 pm

Hi guys, i was wondering if exist any non destructive case mod for Amiga 1200 i have this raspberry pi 3b+ and this empty (with keyboard) A1200 case and i don't want to mess this beauty, thanks for any help!

sadmario

Posted Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:44 am

Aryentain wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18 pm
Hi guys, i was wondering if exist any non destructive case mod for Amiga 1200 i have this raspberry pi 3b+ and this empty (with keyboard) A1200 case and i don't want to mess this beauty, thanks for any help!
Bit of a late reply, but I've recently published a model for a non-destructive case mod for the A1200 - hope it's of use...
https://www.printables.com/model/419333 ... rack/files

The printables link also contains the bill of materials for everything I used in my project.

Return to “Hardware”