Crispy
Sunhillow

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:49 am

rmookhram wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:30 am
Hi Guys, I have a Starboard and an original Stardrive in box.Box is worn. No install disks. I bought them a couple of years ago on Ebay when I delved back into the Amiga. If I find some time I will try to get it up and running with an NTSC Amiga A1000.
Just in case you weren't already aware, you can download new Stardrive drivers and software from Aminet.

scsivarmint

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:18 pm

Great information. Do you know the specs for the db25 connector and cable? or where to obtain one?

Thanks.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:31 am

I got one of these and removed the long bracket. I needed it for the Starboard R2 project.

Pior

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:46 pm

I have a question can you put both the StarBoard2 and the Stardrive boxes together and if so is there a particular order they should be in? My 1000 today has 1mb of ram and both MicroBotics boxes have 2mb each..

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:50 pm

"Can you put both the StarBoard2 and the Stardrive boxes together"
I assume you mean you have a 2MB Starboard as well as another 2MB Starboard equipped with a StarDrive. Is that correct?

IIRC I think you want the StarDrive attached first, and the 2nd additional RAM attached on the outside. But I'd want to scan the original documentation to be sure. It wouldn't hurt anything if you have it the other way, but it's possible the order of the RAM modules matters when a StarDrive is in the mix.

Blake Patterson (Google him) aka Byte Cellar has this same setup (I think?) and might be able to offer some help if you run into issues.

FWIW I have my Starboard 2 + Stardrive attached first, and SLAM board (8MB modern RAM) on the outside.

Return to “Hardware”