A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

intric8 wrote:So, get this.

I tweeted about this project yesterday, and someone took a look at the photo of the bare board.

And they started to recreate the board schematics...
love it!!! & why the Amiga community has always been the best <3

primitivefunction

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 11:01 pm

This is all quite exciting and definitely a big step forward. Excellent detective work! 8-)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 7:15 pm

OK guys - I just received the bare board Rejuventor board in the mail from Kentucky!
IMG_5410.jpg
I've also been in touch with my local circuit board shop. I should have some good news to report before the end of the week - and maybe, just maybe - we can officially kickoff this project.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 am

Here's the update I promised. We're getting ever so much closer to launching the GoFundMe. I do believe it could happen before the end of June.

We will soon be in the process of creating a BOM (Bill of Materials).

The local circuit board company we're talking to has also sourced the necessary chips for actual production.

Note: it will be up to future consumers to supply their own Agnus, Paula and Denise chips. Paula and Denise simply get moved from the motherboard up to the Rejuve. The Fat Agnus will have to be sourced elsewhere since this is the true upgrade the 1000 lacks originally.

Once the BOM is complete the process will work like this:
SOW (Statement of Work), Schematics, Bread Board, PCB design, Proto, revisions (IF), Production.

After the Statement of Work is drawn up, we'll know what the GoFundMe goal should be. Right now it's looking like it could be somewhere in the ballpark of $3800. That's to generate the board layout and schematics, where we provide the BOM ourselves (and save nearly $1,000). $3,800 is a lot of money. So we'll see how hungry the Amiga 1000 crowd is for this product soon enough.

If we do have a successful GoFundMe campaign we'll use the BOM to finish sourcing all of the remaining parts and determine 1) how many boards we realistically will make (20? 30?) and determine the “mins” for each part. E.g. some parts we might not be able to order individually, but may have to be ordered in batches of 100, etc. thus creating a surplus and adding some cost to the final price of each board.

Right now - very high level guess - these boards should cost customers somewhere in the $400/ea. range assembled. I think.

Should have more info in about 2-3 weeks.

nonarkitten

Posted Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 pm

intric8 wrote:Right now - very high level guess - these boards should cost customers somewhere in the $400/ea. range assembled. I think.
That's VERY reasonable -- I would have been uncomfortable at $1000 each, but $400 is pretty cheap, considering the amount of work going into this. I'm sure excited about this! Yaaaay!

primitivefunction

Posted Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm

$400 assembled sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 pm

@nonarkitten yes! I gave a complete update about 2 weeks ago at a talk I gave at a local computer museum, which was recorded on video. I've uploaded the video to YouTube and should be making it public in the next 1-2 days if not sooner. Thanks for asking!

WesB
Sydney, AU

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 am

Hi, just signed up to say thank you for all your efforts and great to see it coming along so well from the talk you just posted. I look forward to contributing to the GoFundMe and getting my grubby little mitts on one hopefully ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 am

@WesB thanks very much for the kind words, and thanks for signing up! @nonarkitten, there is an update at the bottom of this new post, and near the end of the 1st video as well.

TL;DR the BOM is nearly complete, and the GofundMe should hopefully begin very soon. The project will greatly depend on the success of that campaign.

Return to “Hardware”