intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:03 am

Now that we've needed to move to a different partner to help us reverse engineer the Rejuvenator, one of the first major milestones was to verify our board actually works. It would be insanely hard to reverse engineer a board that doesn't even function.

With the help of mattsoft, who designed custom guides for the long daughterboard golden pins for me, I was able to install the Rejuve onto the motherboard - FINALLY - in a matter of minutes! Once that was done, the only thing left to do was power it up. So I installed the motherboard back into its original case, hooked up power, checked a few jumpers and installed the front 256KB expansion RAM (which was needed for power-on).

IT. WORKS.

In just 2-3 seconds of screen flashes I was looking at the Workbench request screen. After popping in a stock Workbench disk, it booted up in a matter of minutes.

Guys - this is huge. We're still in business. :)

nonarkitten

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 pm

Very nice! Considering how difficult it was without, I hope the 3D printable will be made pubic too!

TommyE

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 am

This is cooool :)

Tommy

mattsoft

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:10 pm

nonarkitten wrote:Very nice! Considering how difficult it was without, I hope the 3D printable will be made pubic too!
Ask and ye shall receive

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Matt, you are the freaking best. THE BEST.

You're like the djinni. How many times do I get to ask? :)

primitivefunction

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:42 pm

That Rejuvenator board is a work of art. Good to know it plays nice with the mkl RAM too (I just went ahead and ordered a second one)

Glad you got it working. Great work on the pin guides too Matt! <3

bonoedgey
Canada

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Such an awesome project.. grateful for the hard work getting this into action

nonarkitten

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 pm

mattsoft wrote:
nonarkitten wrote:Very nice! Considering how difficult it was without, I hope the 3D printable will be made pubic too!
Ask and ye shall receive
Matt you are awesome!

Return to “Hardware”