BatteMan
France

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 am

I really love this thread ! <3

Thank you Primitivefunction for your "Utilities Disk" ! Really useful ! Hoping to see disk 2 in few days/weeks ;)

I'll try TurboTopaz too, thanks LocalH !

And it's incredible to read you here Mister Epp ! This thread is really awesome !

Thank you every body ! My A1000 needs more and more love <3

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:26 am

lymanepp wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:26 pm
The developer Mr. Lyman Epp of Omaha, Nebraska, must have been terrified of screen burn when he wrote the program back in 1989

Interesting assumption, but you would be wrong. I am a command line user and the feature was designed to hide the cursor while I was typing at a command prompt.

I'm fascinated that anyone still cares almost 30 years later. :shock:
Jesus. I almost sent you a 10 dollar bill last month. Then I realized it wouldn't get there anyway. These days many of my deliveries end up in limbo.

The Last Coder

Posted Tue May 11, 2021 6:57 pm

I always changed my Workbench to shades of grey which made it look more like 2.0 but mostly so the screen looked better in interlace modes.
One of my favourite WB mods was the one which cast shadows from windows, giving workbench a sense of depth.

roscoe500

Posted Wed May 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Awesome video and guide, great setup, will have to give this a proper go at some point.

Currently use 3.1 with ClassicWB 1.3 look.

Had a tentative go and installing 1.3 on a HD but finding there seemed to be no quick format option in 1.3 put me off for now.

<3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 pm

You can format a drive Quick in 1.3.

The command would be, for example:

Code: Select all

FORMAT DRIVE DH0: NAME SomeName FFS QUICK
Is that what you meant?

(And thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!)

roscoe500

Posted Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:31 am

intric8 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 pm
You can format a drive Quick in 1.3.

The command would be, for example:

Code: Select all

FORMAT DRIVE DH0: NAME SomeName FFS QUICK
Is that what you meant?

(And thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!)
Thanks, that is exactly what I meant, completely overlooked Shell and jumped to the conclusion that quick format wasn't a thing in 1.3 after trying the GUI. :oops: :P

Will have to have another go, going to try installing in UAE first and experiment a bit to see what software does/doesn't work compared to 3.1.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:23 pm

I can't wait to talk about this in more detail if Crispy doesn't do it first. Some REALLY cool OS 1.3 action on the very near horizon, approaching fast!

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Awesome! No more need for a Gotek, if you've got an SD card reader, correct?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm

intric8 wrote: Some REALLY cool OS 1.3 action on the very near horizon, approaching fast!
Now that is super cool. Are you running a stock speed A1000 in that demo?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 am

No more need for a Gotek, if you've got an SD card reader, correct?
Assuming you can easily put that SD card in a PC/Mac and read its contents (like I do my Parceiro), yes. That's precisely how I moved the folder of ADFs over you see in the video. But if you do have an external Gotek, you could move ADFs over one at a time, too.
Are you running a stock speed A1000 in that demo?
The creator of the software wrote it on a stock A1000. For me, since I'm using Hippo via multitasking, I decided to enable a mild 14Mhz AdSpeed (sits right on top of the 68000 cpu) before recording this video.

So I enabled AdSpeed, launched Hippo, then launched the DiskImgCtrl where I launched BattleTech. Kind of cool how Hippo kept playing the MOD while BattleTech was loaded and being run. Nice option for text adventures I'd never considered before.

EDIT:
I use AdSpeed sometimes with Hippo because I notice on occasion a song might skip a little - especially if I'm using scopes. The AdSpeed just eliminates that possibility altogether.

Return to “Software”