slaine

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:17 pm

Sorry to bring the back up again, but I'm still banging my head against that Path issue with AmiDock on WB1.3. I raised it in another thread I think. I'd like to make sure I'm not totally loosing my mind.

Attached screenshot shows AmiDock Item for Shell and 2 shell windows. Shell 1. on the left is launched from the Workbench window. Shell 2. is launched from AmiDoc. Path is not correct in Shell 2., it's not reading the system path settings.

Doesn't matter where or when I launch AmiDock (i.e. startup-sequence, from Shell 1.), same thing happens.
I would really <3 to have a shell icon in the dock, but if it doesn't have my paths setup it's useless for getting any done.

Could one of you fine people see if the Path in your Workbench Shell or WShell2 (it doesn't matter which I launch) is the same as mine ?

Looking forward to some enlightenment.
IMG_0062.JPG

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:49 pm

I mis-understood what you were searching for in your original post.

I just re-read your post above.
it's not reading the system path settings.
When I type 'path' in my WShell, it spits out the same thing your Shell 2 shows, which is C (which is indeed weird, but to be honest I've never used the 'path' command).

Have you looked in the WShell manual to see if the config can reveal what you want it to show? That manual is deep.

slaine

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 am

Thanks Eric, at least I know it's not just me, which is a relief and something to work off of. The same thing happens regardless of WShell2, Workbench Shell, CLI, they all launch with a default path rather than the system path as set during startup-sequence. So I'm working off the assumption that it's something related to AmiDock rather than say Shell or WShell2.

I'll keep digging. A possible work around might be to have a From argument setup to point to a startup config for the shell which force sets the paths. But I'd like to understand what's going on first before settling for that.

slaine

Posted Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:43 am

Update, I couldn't really figure out what's up with AmiDock. I think it's related to how it's launching programs but I'm not 100% sure. Which means without access to the code there's not really anything I can do.

As a test, I tried Thomas Rapp's WBDock v1.10 and it doesn't have the same issue at all. So I think I'm going to use that for now. I quite like it actually. It's got a very CDE vibe and I have a soft spot for CDE.

Return to “Software”