User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to obtain the diskettes I would need to boot an Amiga 1000?

User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Oh lord - did I promise you some disks like that right before I had my health issues? That's sounding familiar. If that's the case I can shoot you some this weekend.

If that was someone else... well, I certainly could shoot you some. I assume you mean the Kickstart 1.3 and Workbench 1.3 disks.

User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:45 pm

Wasn't me, but I wouldn't mind having a bare minimum set of diskettes.

User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:47 pm

Took it apart to find a Spirit Inboard 1000 populated with MCM6256BP10, made a video of it, and then re-assembled and turned it on.
Image

User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm

Found my WB 1.3 diskette, but can't find a KS anywhere

User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 am

intric8 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm
Oh lord - did I promise you some disks like that right before I had my health issues? That's sounding familiar. If that's the case I can shoot you some this weekend.

If that was someone else... well, I certainly could shoot you some. I assume you mean the Kickstart 1.3 and Workbench 1.3 disks.
Just let me know what costs I will incur so that I can square up with you, if you are able to help me with this.

User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am

@Dasfaust why don't you DM me and we can figure out the particulars.

User avatar
rpiguy9907

Posted Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:40 am

Dasfaust wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:47 pm
Took it apart to find a Spirit Inboard 1000 populated with MCM6256BP10, made a video of it, and then re-assembled and turned it on.
Image
Off topic, but that is a really nice looking machine. A1000 is such a class design.

User avatar
Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:24 am

rpiguy9907 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:40 am
Dasfaust wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:47 pm
Took it apart to find a Spirit Inboard 1000 populated with MCM6256BP10, made a video of it, and then re-assembled and turned it on.
Image
Off topic, but that is a really nice looking machine. A1000 is such a class design.
Thank you, it is a pain in the hind end to take apart, but overall these 1000 systems are pretty heavy duty.





Return to “Software”