stevelord

Posted Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:12 am

dddaaannn wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:08 am
Is there an open source clone of MultiView yet? Seems like the right place to add a Markdown viewer.
Would a Markdown Datatype also solve problems? Are there any writing/reading tools that support datatypes? I think AmigaWriter might.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:29 am

A Markdown-enhanced text editor for a vintage platform would be keen.
You are right about that, @Dan, that really would be cool.

dansalvato
Boise, ID

Posted Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Coincidentally, just a few days ago I was also researching the possibility of Markdown editing on classic machines, because it's become my own format of choice for most writing tasks that I do. Since I've been diving more into Amiga software development lately, I might be interested in eventually taking this on as a project. It seems to be a noticeable gap in the capabilities of older systems (of all platforms), but one that's actually lightweight enough for them to comfortably handle.

bnilsson

Posted Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:49 pm

I wrote a small C program that can convert WordPerfect 4 files to Markdown

https://github.com/bni/wp2md

I compiled it on Amiga with vbcc, and the 1.0 Release you can download from GitHub contains Amiga binary.

Use like this in the Amiga Shell:

Code: Select all

wp2md document.wpd > document.md

It will convert centering, bold, etc to the Markdown equivalents.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:50 pm

@bnilsson

That is freaking AWESOME!! Thanks for doing that! I can't wait to check it out this weekend.

:boing: <3

Clusterone

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:11 am

Hi everyone. I used WP on my Amiga 4000 during my Uni years (early to mid-90s). Now trying to get it back up and running on my decked out A4000 with my BFG and ZZ9000.

But of course, there's one main issue - it doesn't seem to open any input windows. I got it to install to HD, and I got it to open via floppy. But anytime I try to initiate a command that requires a separate window for user input (i.e. retrieve, spell, etc.), nothing seems to happen.

Another funny thing - if I click on the 'readme' file included on the floppy, while it loads WB - the file never appears within the WP window. The text is never loaded.

I'm thinking there's something with the OS (using 3.2.2.1) and/or my latest and greatest add ins.

Has anyone encountered similar issues, and has anyone figured out a solution?

Thanks!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 am

it doesn't seem to open any input windows.
The text is never loaded.
It kind of sounds like you have some sort of Intuition conflict. Is your machine all blinged out with MUI and other whiz-bang UI updates? I don't run the latest OS so I'm not up to speed on what comes loaded automagically during the install.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:51 pm

You could try a screen promoter.

On any case, start checking with SnoopDOS to find out what’s going on. You may have to add more things that SnoopDOS should look out for.

Clusterone

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:39 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 am
it doesn't seem to open any input windows.
The text is never loaded.
It kind of sounds like you have some sort of Intuition conflict. Is your machine all blinged out with MUI and other whiz-bang UI updates? I don't run the latest OS so I'm not up to speed on what comes loaded automagically during the install.
Yes, that sounds like. I do have my 4000 blinged out - BFG9060 and a ZZ9000. I'll try to see if it behaves normally by setting up a bare bones install 3.2 in WinUAE

Clusterone

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:39 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:51 pm
You could try a screen promoter.

On any case, start checking with SnoopDOS to find out what’s going on. You may have to add more things that SnoopDOS should look out for.
I have never used SnoopDOS. Is it easy to use?

Return to “Software”