intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 am

@joeUser that's the PC/Tandy version.

I have the original Amiga version, complete. (In fact I have 2.)

The main differences besides the disks are the sticker on the outside and incredibly Amiga folks didn't get the cloth map. They decided to go cheap and give Amigans a paper version instead, which is utterly terrible. I mean, it's decent folded card stock, but it's not cloth like the PC folks received. So weird...

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:18 pm

JoeUser wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 am
If you're wanting the original box set, I just found this on fleaBay (but, no disks):

Appears that there are other offerings available, for various versions (I had no idea there were so many versions of the game). But, they're pricey...
I still got my boxed C64 version and will definitely keep my eye out for the Amiga version too ...juts love the box sets with detailed manuals and little gadgets etc.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Oh, sorry about that, didn't notice!

Well, if I do come across a confirmed Amiga version complete boxed set I'll shout out.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:12 am

Please be aware of this upload:

https://www.a1k.org/forum/index.php?thr ... st-1526866

I am currently on holidays and can’t save the ipfs.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:40 pm

If someone that has an account on A1k could post that file directly that would be awesome as downloads are behind a registration wall...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 pm

I have an account over there but for the life of me I can't get Google Translate to cooperate with that thread. Therefore I can't tell what I actually need to do over there. I see a lot of files, but I have no context around them. I've tried for 15 mins and every time I try to use the actual URL (even if I'm already logged in) a1k will log me out and force me to re-login again. It's a vicious loop.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:04 am

Can do early next week maybe.

If someone else is faster I‘d appreciate that.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 am

Was just on FleaBay and noticed this item, since visiting this thread a short while ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403238106277

Anyway, thought it was an interesting bit of coincidence, seeing as I just read about Ultima 6, lol

BLUELiGHT

Posted Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:35 am

Here's a Google Translate of the message on a1k.org
This year I sent a dump of the NTSC version to dlfrsilver and he created an IPF from it. The disks were in their original and perfect condition. The interesting thing is that the NTSC is obviously more recent vs. the PAL version. The PAL version bears the date 11/21/91, the NTSC version 3.3.92 - some of the files have different file sizes. Unfortunately I couldn't find a version number in the game - if someone knows something or has more information about the game, please let us know. Here is the IPF for backup - I delete it after a week. Have fun with it (remove pdf)

EDIT: As I have just noticed, the WHD version is not yet supported - so it has to be installed normally on HD. (Boot from the InstallDisk)
EDIT 2: See article from DingensCGN - check out which versions you have at home.
EDIT 3: The NTSC version should also work with the attached slave. Enter "PW" for the password query. (Replace this slave with the "old" one)
And here are the attached files. Please note that the download link expires in 24 hours, if someone has a better place to host them, feel free to do it.

Edit: link updated to extend the files availability another 24 hours.

Return to “Software”