intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:50 pm

@walldog
Oh shoot! You're right.

My PC that I use to transfer files to/from the Amiga is out of commission for a little while. But once it is back up I'll get that to you.

Thanks for the head's up! That's embarrassing.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Actually, I think I found a local copy.

This should do the trick.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm

I’ve started messing around in the 3.1 Grayness.
My laptop’s video/screen died last night so I’m temp Stu k to my phone, hence the dependency on tweets. :s

primitivefunction

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:18 pm

A little late to this one, but thought I'd contribute my efforts!

Firstly, these are all so great. I think the 64Door and the Tools one are my faves. You've rendered those latches on the toolbox perfectly!

So I totally got inspired by these to make some of my own for 'Old Blue'. Well I needed a couple of icons anyway and then I remembered something about IconMaster and AmigaLove. Of course I blindly downloaded the wrong Aminet one first, when I should have come straight to the source!
WBCapture1-crop.gif
Here's a start. The sizes are all over the place and the light sources are totally inconsistent. I figure if I made 10 or so more of these I'd start to get a harmonious look. I do like the tiny A1000 - that one might be a keeper.

I think the fun part is coming up with the two step 'animation' (for normal and select state) - you're essentially telling these little two frame stories while trying to convey the utility of the item.

primitivefunction

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 pm

And here's some fun with typography. No idea what this one could be used for, but I enjoyed the process!
WBCapture2.gif
Intric8, I think you've mastered the 'dithered colours'. I kept my colours boringly 'straight' for the most part, as I didn't have a CRT at hand to test the colour blending. I did try it a bit on this sword though..
IconMaster3.png
IconMaster2.png
Next step might be to have a go at the 1.3 drawers icon and the trashcan, which I've always thought looked terrible!

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 am

The „Work“ icon is nothing short of a genius work.

Especially the coffee mug!!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:02 pm

OMG I LOVE the Work Icon!!!

Will you be sharing these?

<3 <3 <3

All of your new icons are GORGEOUS!!!

primitivefunction

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:35 pm

Oh, thanks!

Yeah, the coffee mug kind of makes it doesn't it. I had a little hint of steam rising from it originally for the select-state but it was just too confusing visually. Simpler = better.

Very happy to share any of these if anyone wants them. The Work icon is literally a 1k file. I'll see if there is a way to attach it here.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:27 pm

@primitivefunction I shared your icon(s) on Twitter and they've been very well received, and rightly so.

Heck yeah - attach a Zip file to a post and I'll be installing that sucker on one of my drawers a.s.a.p.!

You have to click on the little "attachments" orange link to the bottom-left of the Preview button when in Edit mode.

Just like when you attach photos. It'll accept Zip files, too.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 5.27.25 PM.png

primitivefunction

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:38 am

Zip file attached!
I also converted it to glorious 3.1 New Grey - which I've included in the zip (not as snazzy as the original though).

BTW, for anyone converting their icons to 3.1 land, the auto-remapping function in the IconEdit tool of 3.1 does a pretty good job of remapping 1.3 colours to 3.1 - this was literally a one click process).
newgrey.gif

Return to “Software”