Bulletdust

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 am

I've got an overclocked MorphOS Mini that's basically my PPC Amiga, I've been using it for years and it's never missed a beat. A downright fantastic OS.

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 pm

Bulletdust wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 am
I've got an overclocked MorphOS Mini that's basically my PPC Amiga, I've been using it for years and it's never missed a beat. A downright fantastic OS.
Interesting - how much have you got it overclocked? MorphOS is already stunningly fast on a base model G4 Mini - I was floored how fast it reached the desktop the first time.

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:10 am

Kevin Brice wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Bulletdust wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 am
Interesting - how much have you got it overclocked? MorphOS is already stunningly fast on a base model G4 Mini - I was floored how fast it reached the desktop the first time.
Honestly, I can't remember. I don't have enough space to have all my machines out at once so the Morph Mini's been packed away. I'll pull it out and take a look.

I remember I had to remove resistors off the motherboard, if I remember rightly it was a reasonable overclock.

BatteMan
France

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:25 pm

MorphOS 3.16 is here ;)

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:20 pm

BatteMan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:25 pm
MorphOS 3.16 is here ;)
It is! Upgrade went smoothly for me a couple weeks ago. I'm glad they changed the default browser.

randyrenfrow

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:41 am

Morphos is awesome. Keep in mind the demo version only lets you run it for 30 minutes so you need to register it. I think its about 80 dollars per computer to register. I have it on 4 old macs and its a lot of fun. Some g4 and one g5.

Return to “Software”