MOS6569
Sweden

Posted Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:32 am

QMouse is wonderful! Can't see how I have managed not having it installed before :)

Love the keyboard shortcut for the Shell too! Great! And the Left Amiga + M... <3

nullsleep

Posted Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Just wanted to say... hippoplayer fuck yeah!

nullsleep

Posted Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Crispy wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 pm
I just discovered that Workbench 1.3 has a built-in tool that can be used to change the system-wide font. If you're like me, you've seen it a thousand times while editing the Startup-Sequence file, but never really paid any attention to it. In the stock configuration it looks like this:
Try the 'Pearl' 8x8 font if you have it. If you don't, I might be able to arrange things so that you do.

Crispy

Posted Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 pm

nullsleep wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 pm
Crispy wrote:
I just discovered that Workbench 1.3 has a built-in tool that can be used to change the system-wide font. If you're like me, you've seen it a thousand times while editing the Startup-Sequence file, but never really paid any attention to it. In the stock configuration it looks like this:
Try the 'Pearl' 8x8 font if you have it. If you don't, I might be able to arrange things so that you do.
I do have the Pearl 8x8 font. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll take a look at it. I must say though, that I really, really like the "System" 8x8 font. It's one of the nicest I've seen. I'll have to do a side by side comparison between the two.

MattX
Stargard, Poland

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:00 am

Crispy wrote:
I need to download some 8 point fonts and check how they look in the Workbench. I always thought there's some external tool needed for this.

stevelord

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 am

MattX wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:00 am
I need to download some 8 point fonts and check how they look in the Workbench. I always thought there's some external tool needed for this.
I'm quite partial to Microknight and Pot-N00dle, which you might find around various PD tools disks. For some reason my 1.3 install doesn't have the same tool, leaving me with TurboTopaz from Fred Fish disk 396.

MattX
Stargard, Poland

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:04 am

This is my WB1.3 screen with armonk.font from Aminet. The font is supposed to emulate 70's style computer font.
Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-04 10-59-44.png
Here's the font on the Aminet: https://aminet.net/search?query=armonk

slaine

Posted Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Hmmm, I would love to try Workbench with a classic MacOS Chicago style font. But I haven't found one for the Amiga. Does anyone have one or a link to one I just haven't found ?

Return to “Software”