BatteMan
France

Posted Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:38 pm

Here, I'm using Aminet and his advanced search engine (with searching in the "content")
All Fred Fish's disks are on Aminet : http://aminet.net/misc/fish

I'm also using MyMenu from Darin Johnson (give you a right click menu) and MoreRows from Neil Katin and Jim Mackraz (to make the workbench screen larger, rows and columns, than normal).

And I use AmigaBootSelector (only this old version for 1.3) from Michael Gibs (make a boot selector for launching Workbench, only WShell or launching some games).

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:14 pm

OK MyMenu sounds bad ass. Now to find a copy/paste clipboard program to use with it. =)

BatteMan
France

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:40 am

I use TurboText which have a clipboard. But I didn't find a commoditie/program to enable clipboard in all WB1.3 softwares.

LocalH
Kingsport, TN

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:13 pm

I think the site I got them from might be down, but I have DMS copies of FF 1-1000 which I find quite handy. I will never forget the "AmigaLibDisk" volume names lol

BatteMan
France

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am

Zoom-Daemon adopted <3

I'll keep diging through old FF disks, hoping find lovely tools 8-)

Do you have an software for mounting ADF ? GoADF! needs 2.0... and I can't find a software compatible with 1.3. Thx ;)

bwldrbst

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:35 pm

I've been reading all this love for 1.3 and it's made me want a nice 1.3 setup too. All the Amiga's I normally have running have 3.1 ROMs.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try getting 1.3 running on my Vampire equipped A1000 - I haven't really been using it a lot lately, I think 3.9 with an RTG Workbench is maybe not the Amiga experience I'm interested in and the lack of chip ram prevents a lot of newer interesting software running. After much trial and error I managed to get a 1.3 ROM image with a scsi.device extracted from 3.1 booting from a CompactFlash card and started installing a bunch of the tools mentioned in this thread.

Then my CF card died.

I have another but this time I think I'll build most of the image as a hdf with FS-UAE before I write it to the card..

As BatteMan said, an ADF mounting tool would be really handy - http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/xfs supposedly works on 1.3 but I couldn't get it to prompt me for the disk image. Are there any others?

Also, and this is an even longer shot, is there a TCP stack for 1.3?

Cheers,

Andrew

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:19 pm

jdryyz wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:56 pm
A better shell was also something I was looking for (or at least *something* that would add a CLOSE gadget to the window). It also looks a bit much to setup as you mentioned.

AmiDock wasn't the same dock I was looking at. I will be installing WBDock:

http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de ... bdock.html

It also has a WBStartup-like folder!
man Thomas's site is just great! WBDock for both 1.3 and 3.1 look absolutely amazing :D :!: <3 <3 <3

slaine

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm

I just downloaded the NoClick from the FF241 disk, thanks for those links Intric8. Can confirm it works in 1.3 on my A500.

The sweet sweet sound of silence.

walldog

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 pm

bwldrbst wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:35 pm
I've been reading all this love for 1.3 and it's made me want a nice 1.3 setup too. All the Amiga's I normally have running have 3.1 ROMs.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try getting 1.3 running on my Vampire equipped A1000 - I haven't really been using it a lot lately, I think 3.9 with an RTG Workbench is maybe not the Amiga experience I'm interested in and the lack of chip ram prevents a lot of newer interesting software running. After much trial and error I managed to get a 1.3 ROM image with a scsi.device extracted from 3.1 booting from a CompactFlash card and started installing a bunch of the tools mentioned in this thread.

Then my CF card died.

I have another but this time I think I'll build most of the image as a hdf with FS-UAE before I write it to the card..

As BatteMan said, an ADF mounting tool would be really handy - http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/xfs supposedly works on 1.3 but I couldn't get it to prompt me for the disk image. Are there any others?

Cheers,

Andrew
I've been wondering about a TCP stack for 1.3 also

bwldrbst

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 pm

walldog wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 pm
bwldrbst wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Cheers,

Andrew
I've been wondering about a TCP stack for 1.3 also
There is a port of KA9Q, also named AmigaNOS, that I think will run on 1.3. but I haven't tried it. At least, there's versions of it around that pre-date 2.0. However, I think it only supports a SLIP connection via the serial port.

The source is available so perhaps it could be extended to support other devices. The only problem is SANA2, the standard device interface for Amiga networking, needs OS 2.0 and above. At the very least there's a dependency on utility.library and the callback Hook functions it provides.

The basics of TCP/IP and other related protocols like ICMP and ARP aren't too hard to understand or implement - they were designed to run on 1970s hardware after all. I've thought for a while that writing a TCP stack might be a fun project.

A new network stack running on 1.3 would also need client software written - pretty much all Amiga networking clients depend on 2.0 and many of them have additional requirements like MUI. However that could be an opportunity to design a more "Amiga-like" API rather than having to implement bsdsocket.library.

I'll go back to daydreaming now...

Return to “Software”