intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Brought to my attention by @Crispy, I present Copy & Paste on the Amiga in WB 1.3.

Not only can it copy/paste text, but even mouse-drawn areas of your screen (graphics).

This software was written in 1991 and is called Snap 1.63 (the name on Aminet is wrong).

Pretty danged cool, ya'll.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:08 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Pretty danged cool, ya'll.
Cool! But, if you're going to try your hand at "cultural appropriation" :lol: of us Southern folks' dialect, at
least spell "y'all" correctly! Sorry, I had to pull your chain on that one! :D

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Hey! I lived in Texas nearly 20 year! (intentionally singular, yo) ;)

slaine

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Hmmm, What does your user-startup look like for launching AmiDock ?

I have replicated the call to StartupII to call a user-startup file that creates all my assigns etc. Near the end then it does the following to launch the AmiDock.

Code: Select all

assign DOCK: SYS:Tools/Dock/Non-Interlace/MainDock
C:AmiDock
But, having the call to C:AmiDock, seems to break my Path assignments that are setup elsewhere in the startup-sequence process. So now my compiler toolchain is no longer working.
Anyone else seeing that or am I loosing my mind ?

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:00 am

I have installed DOpus 4.12 (CU Amiga) which is the last version to work with WB 1.3. Unfortunately it doesn't support long filenames - this was added in version 4.13.

It's a real pain when transferring those TOSEC zips with extremely long names. I can only work with them through AmigaDOS.

Any workarounds for this?

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 am

There is a better solution depending on your Amiga.

If it doesn’t yet have one, get an accelerator with integrated IDE. You can then set up a mirrored system on an PC with UAE and access the CF like it was in your Amiga. Add all the software you like and then put the CF in the Amiga.

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:58 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 am
There is a better solution depending on your Amiga.

If it doesn’t yet have one, get an accelerator with integrated IDE. You can then set up a mirrored system on an PC with UAE and access the CF like it was in your Amiga. Add all the software you like and then put the CF in the Amiga.
Well I do have an upgraded IDE and I can transfer them to the Amiga and DOpus does see the files, it's just that it refuses to do anything else with them because of the filename.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:16 pm

You could try the last version of DiskMaster II for Kick 1.3:

[link removed due to 404]

However, what I meant goes beyond swapping CFs for file copying. You can set up the complete CF like on an original Amiga. So you could also have an emulated Amiga with OS3.1 and a newer DirOpus version and do what you like with the files and then copy everything over to the CF.

How many files are we talking about here? In worst case for individual files you can also use lha from CLI.

slaine

Posted Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Further to my questions above relating to my Path issues. I've just realized that it's not what I initially thought. The system wide paths are there. So if I double click the Shell icon from my Workbench window, everything it as normal. The problem is only there with shell's that I've launched from AmiDock. So it must be something about my parameters for the shell icons. Will investigate further.

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 pm

slaine wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:42 pm
Further to my questions above relating to my Path issues. I've just realized that it's not what I initially thought. The system wide paths are there. So if I double click the Shell icon from my Workbench window, everything it as normal. The problem is only there with shell's that I've launched from AmiDock. So it must be something about my parameters for the shell icons. Will investigate further.
How does your AmiDock settings look like? Maybe it's invoking the original CLI (SYS:System/CLI) instead of Shell (SYS:Shell).

I'm using Wshell after setting it up with the help of this post.

Works like a charm.

Return to “Software”