User avatar
SPiFF

Posted Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:01 pm

This is going to be great with the Parceiro!

User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:00 am

@SPiFF it 100% absolutely is. It's a total dream piece of software that floated down from Sacramento, CA.

Well, since SAC is so flat maybe it floated up out of the river. But - yeah!

User avatar
lymanepp

Posted Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:45 pm

jdryyz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:40 pm
Any interest in updating QMouse to include an animated moire pattern screen saver option? Just thought I would ask. :D I haven't seen much in the way of Workbench 1.3 screen savers anywhere, probably due to OS 2.x and above providing built-in ones.
I haven't had an Amiga in 30+ years. I only wish I'd posted the source code before I lost it many years ago. It was written in 68k assembly language. 8-)

User avatar
lymanepp

Posted Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Wavemaker wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:26 am
I almost sent you a 10 dollar bill last month. Then I realized it wouldn't get there anyway. These days many of my deliveries end up in limbo.
I moved a few times since then. And I'd feel bad taking money from anyone now.

User avatar
slaine

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Has anyone got VIM setup on 1.3 ? I'm having some trouble getting it to behave and there doesn't seem to be that much out there as regards other folks success stories.

User avatar
slaine

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm

slaine wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:41 pm
Has anyone got VIM setup on 1.3 ? I'm having some trouble getting it to behave and there doesn't seem to be that much out there as regards other folks success stories.
Hmm, found some reports on EAB that 6.0/6.4 don't seem to work on Amiga. Downloaded 5.8 and it's all good now.

User avatar
Crispy

Posted Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks for the heads up on Vim. I downloaded Vim 6 from Aminet a couple of years ago after a decade long hiatus from the Amiga, and found it almost unusable because it was so slow. I ended up sticking with TurboText, which I considered the best text editor for the Amiga back in the day.

I used Vim exclusively in my professional environment, and I use it on my Linux, Mac, and Windows machines. I still to this day when using TurboText find myself having to go back and fix my text because I pressed i or escape to switch in or out of insert mode.

I just downloaded Vim 5.8 from the the vim.org web site, and it works great. It looks like I'll be retiring TurboText.

User avatar
slaine

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:54 am

Crispy wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:58 am
Thanks for the heads up on Vim. I downloaded Vim 6 from Aminet a couple of years ago after a decade long hiatus from the Amiga, and found it almost unusable because it was so slow. I ended up sticking with TurboText, which I considered the best text editor for the Amiga back in the day.

I used Vim exclusively in my professional environment, and I use it on my Linux, Mac, and Windows machines. I still to this day when using TurboText find myself having to go back and fix my text because I pressed i or escape to switch in or out of insert mode.

I just downloaded Vim 5.8 from the the vim.org web site, and it works great. It looks like I'll be retiring TurboText.
Yeah, I've been using VIM as my main editor for over 20 years :shock:
Even when I'm using some new fancy IDE I often end up installing some VIM extension as the work flow is just baked in at this point. I've been using CED up to now but I am so happy to have VIM on my Amiga. VIM mixed with a few aliases for my Linux/macOS shell muscle memory has really helped me out, eg. exit, ls etc.
Glad I posted it now and you got some benefit 👍

User avatar
iljitsch
Website

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 am

You guys do know that Vim was originally an Amiga program, right? 8-)

User avatar
slaine

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:09 am

iljitsch wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 am
You guys do know that Vim was originally an Amiga program, right? 8-)
Yup, very cool too. I had known that back at the start of my career when first using VIM as I wasn't long on PC from my A500, when I adopted Linux over DOS/Windows. But I must admit I'd forgotten about that until I went looking for it again last week for the A500. It quickly became the de-facto VI tool everywhere.





Return to “Software”