fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 am

Funny story, I bought an item on ebay and the packing material was pages from an old Amiga Format magazine. I so did what any respectible retro enthusiast would do, I flattened them out and read them. Most of them were singles pages or parts of an article, but I managed to salvage one article. It was a four page article looking into the contents of the 1.3 disks. I think this was meant to be, as I am on the tail end of restoring a 1.3 A500.

Boy do I wish I had this article when I was young. I always rushed in and just did things on my A500 without really paying attention to things like manuals and guides. I missed out on quite a few things. Anyway, I thought I would scan the article for those of you who would like to read this interesting piece of knowledge.

Here is a link to a PDF if you would like an reader/archive friendly version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wz986J ... sp=sharing

Workbench 1-3 Disks guide.1.jpg
Workbench 1-3 Disks guide.2.jpg
Workbench 1-3 Disks guide.3.jpg
Workbench 1-3 Disks guide.4.jpg

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 am

Very nifty article, thanks! Hard to believe that old magazine pages were used for packing material? Sounds like someone just grabbed whatever was nearby for packing filler, after acquiring an estate sale and not having the wherewithal of knowing the value of those magazines.

I've enjoyed a lot of interesting articles from way-back-when in old copies of print magazines that I occasionally snag on eBay and such. Fun reading, like going back in time, lol.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon May 17, 2021 1:14 pm

I actually messaged him. He said he was busy selling off all his retro collections, maagzines as well. The ones he was using were damaged duplicates. I must say, it did make unwrapping my ebay purchase that much more pleasurable.

Return to “Software”