slaine

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Crispy, WOW, this is fantastic. I just set it up on my A500 and it Just Works TM. Seriously, well done. Between this and my SDCard reader I don't think I'll need my Gotek nearly as often.

Captain Rufus

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:55 am

This looks super easy to use and probably stupid helpful for single drive WB 1.3 Fine systems. No need for an external Gotek now. 1 internal and a hard disk and no worries if the program is hard disk installation or not. No idea if the speed is there or if it'll load faster than a Gotek but if so? Game. Changer.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:16 am

No need for an external Gotek now.
Not necessarily. To move ADFs over quickly and easily, I'll sometimes hook up an external GoTek and move a batch of ADFs over to the hard drive depending on the Amiga in use. Once there, though, I'll mount all of the ADFs I want using Disk Mimic. It really does make using the GoTek for mounting ADFs virtually obsolete IMO.

Crispy
Sunhillow

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:16 am
No need for an external Gotek now.
Not necessarily. To move ADFs over quickly and easily, I'll sometimes hook up an external GoTek and move a batch of ADFs over to the hard drive depending on the Amiga in use.
And let's not forget that you'll still need your GoTek to play games that take over the OS, or access the floppy drive hardware directly.

Captain Rufus

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:16 am

Well perhaps I wrote it wrong but I was more presuming "Internal Gotek plus some Hard Disk" as the machine setup in question. Thus no need for two Goteks one Amiga. Between WHDLoad, a hard drive, one Gotek internal, and all those games that went LOL WHAT DO YOU MEAN TWO FLOPPY DRIVES? WHAT'S NEXT? YOU WANT MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS? 2 BUTTON CONTROLLER SUPPORT? this little program makes getting a nice external gotek kind of a waste of 50-100 usd depending on the type and your aesthetic tastes.

(While cheaper at least internal or default setup, a Gotek is no Lotharek SIO2SD for the Atari 8 bits. Something that helps one not need multiples is probably good.)

Return to “Software”