Cosmos2000
Adelaide, SA

Posted Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:46 am

Howdy all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a simple clock for WB1.3 that sits in the top title bar of Workbench which is very basic, just HH:MM would do. Tried a few on Aminet but all tried either crash/guru, need 2.0 or above or isn't just a simple clock. Any ideas?

Been loving the Amiga since 1988 aged 5 and love the WB1.3 scene more so than anything.

Cheers

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:26 am

I use MSClock on my 1.3 <3

Cosmos2000
Adelaide, SA

Posted Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:00 am

Thanks. MSClock looks good. Too much info at the top but they include the source so I should be able to modify and remove the other info leaving the clock and remake the file. Cheers.

BatteMan
France

Posted Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Happy if it's useful for you.

I could be interested if you make a "simple" version of MSClock ;)

Cosmos2000
Adelaide, SA

Posted Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:38 am

Working on that now. Will upload it perhaps to GitNub or somewhere if it all works out.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:42 am

Cosmos2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:38 am
Working on that now. Will upload it perhaps to GitNub or somewhere if it all works out.
I really be interested in checking out any source code if you upload it. I have an item on my project To-Do list to read a RTC chip board (TBD), and it could be dovetailed into any code that sets and displays a clock.

Even if that project doesn't pan out, it'd be interesting to check out the source anyway!

Cosmos2000
Adelaide, SA

Posted Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:33 am

Hi JoeUser,

The source code can be found on AmiNet for MSClock and comes in the LHA file along with the executable file. Unfortunately I haven't had time to set up Aztec C Compiler again and dabble with it. Have had a quick look at the source and it looks like it wouldn't be that difficult to minimise its use.

Return to “Software”