rjd324

Posted Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Can't recall having this issue before. My rtc is fine because the time is good when booting with 3.1

With 1.3 everything is fine apart from the year. I ended up writing a small utility that fixes the date so it is no longer a problem, but I am confused as to why I never noticed this before.

Default startup sequence using SetClock load.

But as I said, I have just replaced this with the utility.

Any ideas ?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Is this an RTC built into an expansion RAM? Which RTC is it?

I have several 512k and larger (AddRam) nodules and all of them seem to work fine. They are all based on the same chip though. I have been using the Epson RTC chip as it is a drop-in replacement for the usual RTC chip that is used on most expansions and on the Amiga 2000, etc. Epson only recently stopped producing it.

rjd324

Posted Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 am

Yes, expansion in ram.

I am 99% that it is the ubiquitous OKI.

But this RTC is working for 3.1.

I have read a few things on here and it could be an issue with the version SetClock?

I am just confused as to why it feels like it only started happening now.

I am also running an ACA 500 + and have RTC set to TRAPDOOR.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:39 am

Oh Ok. Maybe it is a problem with the 1.3 version you use? I use 1.3.3 or 1.3.4. I know Cloanto did some patches in the last version for Y2k but even without that it should still work. I'll be hooking up my 500 today and see what version I use there.

rjd324

Posted Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 am

I will report the version I use later on.

rjd324

Posted Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Ks 34.5
Wb 34.28

So, 1.3.2.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am

Hmm. My version is 1.3.3 or 1.3.4. Have you tried Amiga Test Kit? It has an RTC tester. You can also set the date and time as well as save and load it. That would for sure full out hardware.

For Amiga Test Kit I use the ADF and write it to a floppy then boot from it. If you have a Gotek you could skip that part.

EDIT: Also what source is your 1.3.2 from? Is it an original or a download? Maybe try a different copy?

rjd324

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:36 am

Thanks for the replies but I guess what I am really looking for is confirmation that SetClock does not do things correctly on another person's 1.3.2 version. I don't know why I am looking for confirmation, I guess it is just curiosity.

My rtc works, that is for sure.

I wrote a small programs to fix the issue anyway which internally executes setclock load, grabs the date and just modifies the year to the correct year before running Date which corrects it for the session anyway. I just run that program in my startup and don't call SetClock since I don't need to.

I was trying to read through the change logs of all the workbench / os revisions to find something on SetClock, but the only thing I can find is a fix to y2k in like the third generation amiga os.

I am suspecting there was a fix made to SetClock between 1.3.2 and 1.3.X where X>2.

Would be nice to have a fully listing of change logs between revisions of the os.

Thanks.

Return to “Software”