leighb2282

Posted Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:45 pm

I had read up about the Amiga Explorer but unfortunately, I don't have a windows PC to use otherwise I would totally splash out for the Amiga Explorer software. :oops:

intric8 wrote:Hm, I'm not familiar with that program.

I use Amiga Explorer, which cost me $10. It installs a small program on your Amiga for you, and you launch before any transfers. I think my AE copy came packed with Amiga Forever when I bought that... In any case, AE works wonderfully. It creates a GUI of what looks like Windows Explorer on your machine and you just drag/drop your ADF onto your blank ('Empty') floppy disk on your Amiga.

Takes about 3-4 mins to write the ADF over. It's pretty painless.

But there are other free tools, too. Like transdisk.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Yeah, dude - I totally get it. I bought an old PC specifically for my Amiga habit. It was not my favorite purchase that year (buying a machine simply to move files more easily to some retro gear!). But it works brilliantly.

You should check out transdisk, perhaps if you can't figure out what's going on with your other program. Annoying when something that's been working suddenly stops like that.

DuhProject

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello!

This is my first post! Yay!

Anyhow, I have never used ATalk II before. I have downloaded and successfully installed and used it. Is there anyway to change the background color to black? I see the color changer but it seems to only change the font color. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Doesn't seem to say in the manual.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

I think it defaults to being a window on Workbench, and would thus have the same colors there. You have to change it to full screen mode first, up the colors to 8, as it should also default to an ugly 4 color DOS look. Change the colors in the menu, but you have to remember to also go into the menu and save the look. Also, if the phone book is used, there are separate pallets that can be used for each single board you call. It would default to the programs default look, but you can customize them there, but you also have to remember to save store and save it there.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 pm

@Duhproject, good to see you here, man!

And Shot's right. First thing you want to do is dial up to 8 colors under the Terminal menu.
IMG_4729.jpg
Then you want to go over to the Project menu and select Colors.
IMG_4730.jpg
And finally pick your colors using the RGB color sliders. I had 64 Door up on a second machine and compared my screen to the other to get A-Talk III looking fairly close on the main menus. But then I totally winged it on some sub-colors depending on what I saw screen-to-screen.

I then made some minor tweaks after visiting some other boards, like The Keep, which love ANSI.
My palette looks like this now:
IMG_4731.jpg
And Shot's absolutely right - don't forget to go back to the Project menu and SAVE. I made that mistake the first time around after dinking with colors for 30 minutes only to see my Van Gogh palette gone. Save that sucker and enjoy.

DuhProject

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Excellent! I will give this a shot.

It's good to be here. I'll try and check in often.

Return to “Software”