MattX
Stargard, Poland

Posted Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:38 am

I've never used MUI based apps. My A1200 had no memory/CPU expansion so I wanted the software to be as low-resources oriented as possible. Even now I prefer the basic looks of Workbench and software I run on my FS-UAE emulated Amigas. I can really go crazy with CPUs and insane amount of RAM, but it's not what I'm looking for in my Amiga experience. ;)

gybrsh

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:51 pm

I like XLent.
That came bundled with X-Copy.
xlent.png
XLent up to Ver. 2.40 runs on 1.3 Amigas. It is only 28kb in size and therefore very well usable from floppy.
But its rather limited in Features. Beside the basic features like copy, move, rename, makedir it can view files as text and hex. And you can also assign custom commands. But that feature seems to be buggy. If you want to pass a file to ed you have to compose the full path from two variables: %a/%f. That means path and filename.
But if the file is in the rootdir like df0:file, this command expands to df0:/file. So I built a tool to fix executes with defunctional paths.

Code: Select all

pfix ed s:/startup-sequence
will execute

Code: Select all

ed s:startup-sequence
Attachments
pfix.zip
(2.65 KiB)

MattX
Stargard, Poland

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 am

gybrsh wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:51 pm
XLent looks nice and I've read that it was on the disks with XCopy but which version? And it's in German only? Is there an English version?

EDIT: I've checked some of the X-Copy disks and XLent is there. I have a set of these XCopy compilations in English and German. And there are different versions that work on 1.x and 2+ Amigas. I couldn't find the version from your screenshot. The latest one I found that works on 1.x is XLent 1.39.

gybrsh

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:33 am

Version 1.40 is the highest I can find. And it seems there is no english 1.4 around.

Here is a collection: http://jope.fi/xcopy/masterdisk.html

1.40 is available on X-Copy Pro September '93 GER

Return to “Software”