Gernot66

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:47 am

Disclaimer
All arts that i will post here are either my own work or extractions of either amiga games or old doze games, all sfx or musical tracks will be extractions of even either amiga or doze games or handcrafted using a parametric synthesizer.

Just because ;)

I won't post much for today just a little teaser to see what reception i get.

So here's the teaser (UP!):

(can't play the vid in my browser - why? is firefox not welcome?)

------------------------------------------------------------- no [hr] ? - too sad -------------------------------------------------------------------------
never mind...

color cycle on the WB?

a brilliant idea
dpaint
simgen
a setcolor proggie (in this case exactly "setcolor")
and a little loopy
which breaks on next call

---

OhKeh you might like to know who am i
this is little me:
920.png
Sole maintainer of "Phoenix" (a recently sleeping giant)
But on the other hand after a short while you will know what sort of beardy weirdo i am.

Gernot66

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:21 am

...and assumed you like to have a custom spaceship (geometry not specs) in "Frontier" just ask...

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:48 am

Before i post the fancy stuff this:

"Read Me or you will Die!"
(if you like me can't display the clip in the browser right click on it and "open in new tab")

Yes it's an "alien" (to the miggy), or isn't it anymore?

Recently i'm up to write a scripted environment for my faithful girlfriend (i can't get rid of her), it is such a long time ago that i used my A500 (or the 4000 which is still out of order), and for this environment i need...
HELP.
(i really could make use of)
However, the case is that i change from time to time for what system respectively which game i like to hack, now you won't mind that i invested two years in a doze environment the above clip is part of all that, that is now two years ago and meanwhile i hacked the Intellivision, no big things i'm learning and i'm happy to get a "hello world" up in assembler. Now if you like me change the OS and language from time to time you will forget what you wrote two years ago and how the scripts will work, well for this even myself i need to RTFM and to reach this all (or most) of my scripts include a help which not only shows off the scheme but also explains it in short terms.

That is a quite simple thing and i started it in the named doze (DOSBox to be honest), a not unimportant role plays a little ANSI file, it displays the frame for the help.
For the doze i don't had to mind about columns, they are fixed to 80 and you can't size a window when there is no window to size, fonts you neither change in doze usually

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:49 am

OhKeh - it seems the length of an article is limited...

This would be a spoiler but well "Mr. Spoiler" is absent today.
therefore i can do some other fancy things i will miss on the miggy like to display a lo-res 8bit picture and keep a proggy running like the above example, besides it is so far the only picture viewer i found for doze which self-detaches after displaying of a picture which makes this possible, more problems i had to find a good wave player, still i haven't and the versatile and flexible "File-Player" from GUS is not well supported in DOS-Box, DOSBox-X would be a solution but it's a beast to handle and not the one you can re-distribute, the problem is simply that DOSBox cuts off the GUS playfile after 128k which is used up quite soon with a few seconds of a 22kHz stereo sample @ 8bit, but it's the one where you could specify an offset and length ideal for my "LAYLA SFX" format which is simply a raw audio stream with a scripted header attached this header i can easy read out in a script and it contains apart from samplerate and such also credits, full name and so on though i can export and import from/to a database, recently i have cut the header off to play back the raw audio, GUS playfile would be the proper solution.

"I like to have this for my miggy"
The help system (perhaps a own SFX format - who knows), which in my doze not only displays a help, it jingles (and jangles) displays a freakin' frame which reminds of the AMIGA GURU meditation shows a weird error nr. which is the base number for all random stuff in this help display, it is to be honest broken now, you can imagine it's a beast all scripted, the idea is that for some i even didn't need to write a help or can refer to a database thus each script receives a unique nr. by which i can identify the help for the script - like i said it's only half finished and broken, nah ok you can play a MIDI and even this in fashion like it would never had been possible, you can select between all possible MIDI interpreters and/or Munt (MT-32 emu) the interpreters usually won't make much difference since usually windows interprets the stream unlike for DOS-Box ECE which includes Fluidsynth and Munt, both and only them will respect SYSEX commands and refer if needed to an instrument library (usually all OPL and often MT-32) these libraries and the sysex is totally disregarded by windoze! Using the original Miles drivers and DOS-Box ECE allows to play the MIDI back exactly as in the game (for most doze, Miles was standard up to '93 and still used after this it only belonged from then on to RAD game tools) more even you can switch between any soundsetup and who would have ever a doze with an MT-32, a GUS, and a soundblaster? ahh yes and the minimal VESA OPL or even worse Tandy.
The above clip uses is a mix of Fluidsynth using the Fatboy soundfont and Munt, Munt makes the sound very saturated i like it, the instruments are quite more artificial but damned synthesizers sound like sythesizers and not like a sloppy sample (from the bottom up - they fill the room). Sure many isn't MT-32 but you would be suprised how many games required the MT-32 to play back the MIDI proper (all which sound somewhat wrong else). To play a GM on Munt is not such a big problem Roland distributed a SYSEX which interprets a GM to "SMF" (standard midi file) and no one ever noticed it (or everybody was surprised) there is a unique Miles driver in the release of SimCity Classic which will do exactly this without a sysex (if you ever wondered what the GMT32 is for), the vice-versa is nearly not to achieve MT to GM is only handled well by GUS with the drawback of any sample MIDI player that it won't respect the specialities of the MT-32 e.g. has no idea about the sysex and the programming is lost. it isn't often used but "Frank Klepacki" who wrote the score for DUNE2 reprogrammed almost every instrument for the MT (the sysex is ten times longer as any MIDI in the game, just to give an idea how large the sysex is) such can only be played back proper by a real MT-32 or by Munt), if i would have used a doze in the early to mid '90s GUS would have been my choice as soundcard it is the most flexible, a bit a tohouwabohou and it feels like an open-source project because they had so many different coders for the GUS softs - BUT I HAVEN'T HAD I WAS A DIE HARD AMIGA USER.

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:53 am

Most of all my beloved FRONTIER, almost 25 years i played it not noticing that it plays back the MIDI wrong, yeah i always thought "sounds stupid and thin" no wonder it is as wrong as it can be interpreted as GM. And suddenly the stupid bell turned to a "Becken" and out of nowhere come horns and trumpets.

Back to topic, respectively virtual end of "spoiler"

First what i need to display a help for a script is a frame and obviously this frame is an ANSI page (quarter of). Unfortunately AMIGA DOS can make only a very limited use of the graphical symbols, a) the standard font leaks of the symbols, b) to less colors, c) i don't like to use a different text interpreter, i found one very versatile which can even display animations but since i only like to display a minimal help this is certainly not what i like it has to work with TYPE or bust it - maybe more.

The frame is very minimal but exactly what you like for a help:

Code: Select all

[1f[43;32m[K
[2f[K
[3f[K
[4f [42;33m[K
[5f[1D[43;32m[K[5f [42;33m[K
[6f[1D[43;32m[K[6f [42;33m[K
[7f[1D[43;32m[K[7f [42;33m[K
[8f[1D[43;32m[K[8f [42;33m[K
[9f[1D[43;32m[K[9f [42;33m[K
[10f[1D[43;32m[K[10f [42;33m[K
[11f[1D[43;32m[K[11f [42;33m[K
[12f[1D[43;32m[K[12f [42;33m[K
[13f[1D[43;32m[K[13f [42;33m[K
[14f[1D[43;32m[K[14f [42;33m[K
[15f[1D[43;32m[K[15f [42;33m[K
[16f[1D[43;32m[K[16f [42;33m[K
[17f[1D[43;32m[K[17f [32m2022GS66[33m[K[0m

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:10 am

Pardon me i need to find a different way to proper display escape sequences in the "code" window.

"I an see only a lot of escape sequences" - well i get the same impression ;)
What is above parsed with a "space" character is simply the escape sequence, strange-wisely *E[ isn't accepted by TYPE or MORE as "escape", that is unless you loaded such a file to them after this they display the echo type *E[ escape sequences proper, don't ask me why but this i experienced.
Use mEMacs or a similar editor to enter escape sequences, Ed won't work except for the "echo" style *E[.
Personally i use Notepad++ - for all no matter what script i setup even the parsing scripts to hack the intellivision rom-images.

I stated above that i didn't had to respect columns for the doze vice versa for the miggy, fontsize can vary and you can size the window and my first attempt failed to respect this it only worked well with 80 columns displayed and a standard 8 point font. Simply because i put the last character for the right end of the frame at column 79, but if you use a slightly larger font or resize the window the frame is broken up, shit.
What i did then is to give all lines a fixed position even if they stand in this script in the proper to display line and to "backspace" from start of the next line to the last displayable column and this works well no matter window size or font the frame stays at the end of displayable columns.

the frame works well

I "just" have to find now a way to auto-format the text - or even not it isn't that important usually i work in a full sized CLI who would not?

In fact the wIconscreen you see here will open for me usually a backdropped non-sizeable non-dragable CLI window, there is no resizing needed.
In the manner it is now it is enough to respect fontsizes with topaz 8 as base (what is larger as this fixed width font won't work well for the text, not the frame this is now indifferent to the fontsize the right side of the frame will always stay at end of the "nn" columns per line, how much ever can be displayed).
Attachments
928.png
927.png
925.png

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:01 am

"What is this for a strange font you use on the screen?"

IT IS FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME ON THE AMIGA THE INTELLIVISION GROM FONT!
(and this is the first image of it ever displayed in a miggy)
The rest will follow, means there are a couple of graphical fonts fro the games which use only uppercase letters (this to keep the rest of the 128 programmable carts in RAM for graphical use (carts are for the intellivision what is usually named "sprite", carts are a simple way to animate sprites since the carts can be moved to any location on the screen, a simple but sloppy way, "Number Jumble" i.e. uses this for the simple shooter game which it is).

8 points fixed width, (almost) ideal to replace topaz, a bit to fat for the CLI but looks pretty good as screen font. Yes indeed it reminds a bit of the "teletext font", a simple font which can't hide that it has its roots in the '70s.

Copyright?
hmmm... on a 8x8 pixels wide quad only a very limited amount of fonts is possible to create, even if there are copyrighted 8 point bitmap fonts i don't see any good reason, 8x8 pixels won't leave many possibilities "oh pardon me i didn't liked to but you know it's very limited".
Well copyrights exist only to make lawyers rich and richer they DO NOT PROTECT ME AS ARTIST TO BE ROBBED OF MY IP!
So what sense have they if they don't serve me as artist or coder?
It's bullshitting!
Bullshitting for the profit of speculating parasites which in fact need to be send to hell 'cauze they will kill us all for a few miserable zeroes in front of the floating point.
BUT
"CREDITS ARE DUE" it's a question of respect.

The rest i mind little about - you can't strip a naked man.

Enough of that lamento.

Thus not to counteract to any copyright existing (the Inty GROM font is still copyrighted) i can't post the font but i can freely post an image of it (yes that is at the limit, Joe didn't he hands you the tools to extract it that would be 100% legal).

CARD   0 CARD   1 CARD   2 CARD   3 CARD   4 CARD   5 CARD   6 CARD   7
 ........ ..##.... .##..##. ........ ...#.... ........ ...#.... ...#....
 ........ ..##.... .##..##. ...#.#.. #######. .##...#. .#####.. ..#.....
 ........ ..##.... ........ ..#####. ##.#.... .##..#.. .##..... .#......
 ........ ..##.... ........ ...#.#.. #######. ....#... ..###... ........
 ........ ..##.... ........ ..#####. ...#.##. ...#.... .##..... ........
 ........ ........ ........ ...#.#.. ##.#.##. ..#..##. .#####.. ........
 ........ ..##.... ........ ........ #######. .#...##. ...#.... ........
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ...#.... ........ ........ ........

CARD   8 CARD   9 CARD  10 CARD  11 CARD  12 CARD  13 CARD  14 CARD  15
 ....###. .###.... ...#.... ........ ........ ........ ........ .......#
 ....#... ...#.... ..###... ...##... ........ ........ ........ ......#.
 ....#... ...#.... .##.##.. ...##... ........ ........ ........ .....#..
 ....#... ...#.... ..###... .######. ........ .######. ........ ....#...
 ....#... ...#.... ...#.... ...##... ........ ........ ........ ...#....
 ....#... ...#.... ........ ...##... ...##... ........ ...##... ..#.....
 ....#... ...#.... ........ ........ ...##... ........ ...##... .#......
 ....###. .###.... ........ ........ ....#... ........ ........ #.......

CARD  16 CARD  17 CARD  18 CARD  19 CARD  20 CARD  21 CARD  22 CARD  23
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
 #######. ..###... .######. .######. .##..##. .######. .######. .######.
 ##...##. ...##... .##..##. .....##. .##..##. .##..... .##..... .....##.
 ##.#.##. ...##... .....##. ..####.. .##..##. .######. .######. ....##..
 ##.#.##. ...##... .######. .....##. .######. .....##. .##..##. ...##...
 ##...##. ...##... .##..... .....##. .....##. .##..##. .##..##. ..##....
 #######. .######. .######. .######. .....##. .######. .######. ..##....

CARD  24 CARD  25 CARD  26 CARD  27 CARD  28 CARD  29 CARD  30 CARD  31
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ .######.7E
 .######. .######. ........ ........ .....##. ........ .##..... .##..##.66
 .##..##. .##..##. ...##... ...##... ...##... .######. ...##... .....##.06
 ..####.. .##..##. ...##... ...##... .##..... ........ .....##. ...####.1E
 .##..##. .######. ........ ........ ...##... .######. ...##... ...##...18
 .##..##. .....##. ...##... ...##... .....##. ........ .##..... ........00
 .######. .######. ...##... ...##... ........ ........ ........ ...##...18
 ........ ........ ........ ....#... ........ ........ ........ ........00

CARD  32 CARD  33 CARD  34 CARD  35 CARD  36 CARD  37 CARD  38 CARD  39
 #######. .######. .######. .######. .#####.. .######. .######. .######.
 #.....#. .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..... .##..... .##..##.
 #.###.#. .##..##. .##..##. .##..... .##..##. .##..... .##..... .##.....
 #.#.#.#. .##..##. .#####.. .##..... .##..##. .#####.. .#####.. .##.###.
 #.#####. .######. .##..##. .##..... .##..##. .##..... .##..... .##..##.
 #....... .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..... .##..... .##..##.
 #######. .##..##. .######. .######. .#####.. .######. .##..... .######.

CARD  40 CARD  41 CARD  42 CARD  43 CARD  44 CARD  45 CARD  46 CARD  47
 .##..##. .######. .....##. .##..##. .##..... #.....#. .#...##. .######.
 .##..##. ...##... .....##. .##..##. .##..... ##...##. .##..##. .##..##.
 .##..##. ...##... .....##. .##.##.. .##..... ###.###. .###.##. .##..##.
 .######. ...##... .....##. .####... .##..... #######. .######. .##..##.
 .##..##. ...##... .##..##. .##..##. .##..... ##.#.##. .##.###. .##..##.
 .##..##. ...##... .##..##. .##..##. .##..... ##.#.##. .##..##. .##..##.
 .##..##. .######. .######. .##..##. .######. ##...##. .##...#. .######.

CARD  48 CARD  49 CARD  50 CARD  51 CARD  52 CARD  53 CARD  54 CARD  55
 .######. .######. .######. .######. .######. .##..##. .##..##. ##...##.
 .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. ...##... .##..##. .##..##. ##...##.
 .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .##..... ...##... .##..##. .##..##. ##.#.##.
 .##..##. .##..##. .##..##. .######. ...##... .##..##. ..#..#.. ##.#.##.
 .######. .##..##. .#####.. .....##. ...##... .##..##. ..####.. #######.
 .##..... .##.###. .##..##. .##..##. ...##... .##..##. ...##... .##.##..
 .##..... .######. .##..##. .######. ...##... .######. ...##... .##.##..
 ........ ......## ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........

CARD  56 CARD  57 CARD  58 CARD  59 CARD  60 CARD  61 CARD  62 CARD  63
 .##..##. .##..##. .######. ...####. #....... .####... ...#.... ....#...
 .##..##. .##..##. .....##. ...##... .#...... ...##... ..###... ...#....
 ..####.. .##..##. ....##.. ...##... ..#..... ...##... .#.#.#.. ..#.....
 ...##... .##..##. ...##... ...##... ...#.... ...##... #..#..#. .######.
 ..####.. .######. ..##.... ...##... ....#... ...##... ...#.... ..#.....
 .##..##. ...##... .##..... ...##... .....#.. ...##... ...#.... ...#....
 .##..##. ...##... .######. ...##... ......#. ...##... ...#.... ....#...
 ........ ........ ........ ...####. .......# .####... ........ ........

CARD  64 CARD  65 CARD  66 CARD  67 CARD  68 CARD  69 CARD  70 CARD  71
 ....#... ........ .###.... ........ ....###. ........ ........ ........
 .....#.. ........ ..##.... ........ ....##.. ........ ..#####. ........
 ......#. .#####.. ..#####. .######. .#####.. .######. ..##.... .######.
 ........ ....##.. ..##.##. .##..##. .##.##.. .##..##. .#####.. .##.##..
 ........ .#####.. ..##.##. .##..... .##.##.. .######. ..##.... .##.##..
 ........ .##.##.. ..##.##. .##..... .##.##.. .##..... ..##.... .#####..
 ........ .######. ..#####. .######. .#####.. .######. ..##.... ....##..
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ .#####..

CARD  72 CARD  73 CARD  74 CARD  75 CARD  76 CARD  77 CARD  78 CARD  79
 .##..... ...##... .....##. .##..... ..###... ........ ........ ........
 .##..... ........ ........ .##..... ...##... ........ ........ ........
 .#####.. ..###... .....##. .##..##. ...##... #######. .######. .######.
 .##.##.. ...##... .....##. .##.##.. ...##... ##.#.##. ..##.##. .##..##.
 .##.##.. ...##... .....##. .####... ...##... ##.#.##. ..##.##. .##..##.
 .##.##.. ...##... ..##.##. .##..##. ...##... ##.#.##. ..##.##. .##..##.
 .##.###. .######. ..##.##. .##..##. .######. ##.#.##. ..##.##. .######.
 ........ ........ ..#####. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........

CARD  80 CARD  81 CARD  82 CARD  83 CARD  84 CARD  85 CARD  86 CARD  87
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ..##.... ........ ........ ........
 .######. .#####.. .######. .######. .######. .##.##.. .##..##. ##.#.##.
 ..##.##. .##.##.. ..##.##. .##..... ..##.... .##.##.. .##..##. ##.#.##.
 ..##.##. .##.##.. ..##.... .######. ..##.... .##.##.. .##..##. ##.#.##.
 ..#####. .#####.. ..##.... .....##. ..##.... .##.##.. ..####.. #######.
 ..##.... ....##.. ..##.... .######. ..#####. .######. ...##... .##.##..
 ..##.... ....###. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........

CARD  88 CARD  89 CARD  90 CARD  91 CARD  92 CARD  93 CARD  94 CARD  95
 ........ ........ ........ ....###. ...##... .###.... ........ ########
 ........ ........ ........ ....#... ...##... ...#.... ........ ########
 .##..##. .###.##. .######. ....#... ...##... ...#.... ........ ########
 ..####.. ..##.##. .....##. ..##.... ...##... ....##.. .####... ########
 ...##... ..##.##. ...##... ....#... ...##... ...#.... ...####. ########
 ..####.. ..#####. .##..... ....#... ...##... ...#.... ........ ########
 .##..##. .....##. .######. ....###. ...##... .###.... ........ ########
 ........ ..#####. ........ ........ ...##... ........ ........ ########

CARD  96 CARD  97 CARD  98 CARD  99 CARD 100 CARD 101 CARD 102 CARD 103
 ........ ........ ######## ######## ........ ........ ######## ########
 ........ ........ ...##### #####... ........ ........ ######## ########
 ........ ........ ......## ##...... .......# #....... ######## ########
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ....#### ####.... .####### #######.
 ........ ........ ........ ........ .####### #######. ....#### ####....
 ......## ##...... ........ ........ ######## ######## .......# #.......
 ...##### #####... ........ ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
 ######## ######## ........ ........ ######## ######## ........ ........

CARD 104 CARD 105 CARD 106 CARD 107 CARD 108 CARD 109 CARD 110 CARD 111
 .....### ###..... ######## ######## ........ ........ ######## ########
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ........ ........ ..###### ######..
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ........ ........ ....#### ####....
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ........ ........ ......## ##......
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ......## ##...... ........ ........
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ........ ........
 ######## ######## ..###### ######.. ..###### ######.. ........ ........
 ######## ######## .....### ###..... ######## ######## ........ ........

CARD 112 CARD 113 CARD 114 CARD 115 CARD 116 CARD 117 CARD 118 CARD 119
 ......## ##...... ######## ######## .......# #....... ######## ########
 ....#### ####.... ######## ######## ......## ##...... .####### #######.
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## .....### ###..... ..###### ######..
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ...##### #####...
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ...##### #####... ....#### ####....
 ######## ######## ..###### ######.. ..###### ######.. .....### ###.....
 ######## ######## ....#### ####.... .####### #######. ......## ##......
 ######## ######## ......## ##...... ######## ######## .......# #.......

CARD 120 CARD 121 CARD 122 CARD 123 CARD 124 CARD 125 CARD 126 CARD 127
 ........ ........ ....#### ####.... ...##### #####... ######## ########
 ........ ........ .....### ###..... ..###### ######.. ######## ########
 ........ ........ ......## ##...... .####### #######. ######## ########
 ........ ........ .......# #....... ######## ######## ######## ########
 .......# #....... ........ ........ ######## ######## ######## ########
 ......## ##...... ........ ........ ######## ######## .####### #######.
 .....### ###..... ........ ........ ######## ######## ..###### ######..
 ....#### ####.... ........ ........ ######## ######## ...##### #####...

CARD 128 CARD 129 CARD 130 CARD 131 CARD 132 CARD 133 CARD 134 CARD 135
 ...##### #####... ######## ######## .......# #....... ....#### ####....
 ...##### #####... ######## ######## .......# #....... ....#### ####....
 ..###### ######.. .####### #######. ......## ##...... .....### ###.....
 ..###### ######.. .####### #######. ......## ##...... .....### ###.....
 .####### #######. ..###### ######.. .....### ###..... ......## ##......
 .####### #######. ..###### ######.. .....### ###..... ......## ##......
 ######## ######## ...##### #####... ....#### ####.... .......# #.......
 ######## ######## ...##### #####... ....#### ####.... .......# #.......

CARD 136 CARD 137 CARD 138 CARD 139 CARD 140 CARD 141 CARD 142 CARD 143
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## .....### ###..... ..###### ######..
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ...##### #####...
 .####### #######. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ...##### #####...
 .####### #######. .####### #######. ....#### ####.... ...##### #####...
 .####### #######. .####### #######. ...##### #####... ....#### ####....
 ######## ######## .####### #######. ...##### #####... ....#### ####....
 ######## ######## ..###### ######.. ...##### #####... ....#### ####....
 ######## ######## ..###### ######.. ..###### ######.. .....### ###.....

CARD 144 CARD 145 CARD 146 CARD 147 CARD 148 CARD 149 CARD 150 CARD 151
 .......# #....... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ........ ........
 .......# #....... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ........ ........
 .......# #....... ......## ##...... ........ ........ ........ ........
 ......## ##...... ......## ##...... ........ ........ ........ ........
 ......## ##...... ......## ##...... ........ ........ ....#### ####....
 ......## ##...... .......# #....... ........ ........ ######## ########
 .....### ###..... .......# #....... ....#### ####.... ######## ########
 .....### ###..... .......# #....... ######## ######## ######## ########

CARD 152 CARD 153 CARD 154 CARD 155 CARD 156 CARD 157 CARD 158 CARD 159
 ........ ........ ....#### ####.... .......# #....... .....### ###.....
 ........ ........ ######## ######## .......# #....... .....### ###.....
 ....#### ####.... ######## ######## .......# #....... .....### ###.....
 ######## ######## ######## ######## .......# #....... .....### ###.....
 ######## ######## ######## ######## ......## ##...... ....#### ####....

CARD 160 CARD 161 CARD 162 CARD 163 CARD 164 CARD 165 CARD 166 CARD 167
 ...##### #####... .####### #######. ....#### ####.... ........ ........
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ........ ........
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ........ ........
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ....#### ####....
 ..###### ######.. ######## ######## ....#### ####.... ####.... ....####

CARD 168 CARD 169 CARD 170 CARD 171 CARD 172 CARD 173 CARD 174 CARD 175
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ....#### ####.... ........ ........
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ####.... ....#### ........ ........
 ........ ........ ....#### ####.... ........ ........ ........ ........
 ........ ........ ####.... ....#### ........ ........ ........ ........
 ....#### ####.... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
 ####.... ....#### ........ ........ ........ ........ ......## ##......
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ...###.. ..###...
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ###..... .....###

CARD 176 CARD 177 CARD 178 CARD 179 CARD 180 CARD 181 CARD 182 CARD 183
 ........ ........ .....### ###..... ........ ........ ......## ##......
 ........ ........ ..###... ...###.. ........ ........ ....##.. ..##....
 .......# #....... ##...... ......## ........ ........ ..##.... ....##..
 ....###. .###.... ........ ........ ........ ........ ##...... ......##
 .###.... ....###. ........ ........ ......## ##...... ........ ........
 #....... .......# ........ ........ ....##.. ..##.... ........ ........
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ..##.... ....##.. ........ ........
 ........ ........ ........ ........ ##...... ......## ........ ........

CARD 184 CARD 185 CARD 186 CARD 187 CARD 188 CARD 189 CARD 190 CARD 191
 ...#.... ....#... ........ ........ ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 ..#..... .....#.. ........ ........ ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 .#...... ......#. ........ ........ ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 #....... .......# ........ ........ ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 ........ ........ #....... .......# ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 ........ ........ .#...... ......#. ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 ........ ........ ..#..... .....#.. ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..
 ........ ........ ...#.... ....#... ##...... ......## ..##.... ....##..

CARD 192 CARD 193 CARD 194 CARD 195 CARD 196 CARD 197 CARD 198 CARD 199
 #....... .......# ...#.... ....#... ####.... ....#### ........ ........
 #....... .......# ...#.... ....#... ........ ........ ####.... ....####

CARD 200 CARD 201 CARD 202 CARD 203 CARD 204 CARD 205 CARD 206 CARD 207
 ######## ........ ........ ........ ######## ........ ........ ........
 ######## ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
 ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
 ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ######## ........ ........
 ........ ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ######## ........
 ........ ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
 ........ ........ ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ........
 ........ ........ ........ ######## ........ ........ ........ ########

CARD 208 CARD 209 CARD 210 CARD 211 CARD 212 CARD 213 CARD 214 CARD 215
 ######## ........ .######. ........ ........ .#..##.# .##.##.. .##...##
 ######## ........ .######. ........ ######## .##....# .##..#.# .###..##
 ######## ........ .######. ........ ######## .###.#.. .##...## ..#.....
 ######## ........ .######. ######## ######## .###.#.. .###.#.. ..#.....
 ........ ######## .######. ######## ######## .##..#.# .###..#. ..#.....
 ........ ######## .######. ........ ######## .##.##.. .##.#### ..#.....
 ........ ######## .######. ........ ######## ..#..... .##.###. ..#.....
 ........ ######## .######. ........ ........ .#...#.# .##.#..# ..#.....

CARD 216 CARD 217 CARD 218 CARD 219 CARD 220 CARD 221 CARD 222 CARD 223
 ..#..... .###..## ..#..... .###.#.. ........ #..#...# ....#... #.....#.
 .###.... ........ ..##...# .###.#.. #.....#. ....#... ..#..... ..#.#...
 .###..#. .#....## ..###..# .##..#.# #.#.###. .#....#. #...#.#. ....#.#.
 .##..#.# .##.#### ..##.### .##.##.. ....#... ..#...#. ..#...## ..#.....
 .###..## .###.... ..###... ........ ##..#..# ......#. ......#. #.#.###.
 .##..#.# .###..#. ..#..... ######## ...#.... #.....#. ......#. ..#.....
 .##.###. ..#..... .#..##.# ######## ...#.#.. ...##... ..#..... #...#.#.
 .###.#.. .#...... .##....# ..#..#.. #...#... #...#..# #.###... #.#.#.#.

CARD 224 CARD 225 CARD 226 CARD 227 CARD 228 CARD 229 CARD 230 CARD 231
 #..#..#. #.....#. #.#.###. ....#.#. ...#.... ..#.##.. #.###... ...#.#..
 ..#..... #...#... ....##.. .#..#.#. ..#.##.. ....###. .....#.. .##.....
 #...#.#. ###.#.#. ..#..### ##.#...# .....#.# ........ ##...... ....##..
 #.###... #...#.#. ...#...# #.###... .#....#. ..##.#.. ##....## ......#.
 #.....#. #.#.#.#. ...##### .....#.. .##...#. .....#.. .#....#. #.###...
 #...#... #.#.###. ........ .#.#...# .##...#. ........ .#..##.# ........
 ..#...#. #...#... ..#.#.## .###..#. .#####.. ##....## ##.#...# .....#..
 #.###... .##.#... ..##..#. .##.#.#. ####.... #..##... ##...... ........

CARD 232 CARD 233 CARD 234 CARD 235 CARD 236 CARD 237 CARD 238 CARD 239
 ##.###.. ........ .##..... .....#.. .#..#### #.#....# .###...# ......##
 .#.##..# ##.###.. ....##.. ........ .#....## #.###..# ..#.#..# .#.....#
 ..#.#..# .#.##..# .....#.# ##.###.. .#.##### ######## ......## .##.#..#
 ....#.#. ..#.#..# #...#..# .#.##..# ....#.#. .....#.. .###...# .#####.#
 .#.##..# .....#.# .....#.. ..#.#..# ...##.#. ....##.# ....#### ####....
 ....#..# ..#..... ....#.#. ....###. #.####.. #.###... .##.#..# ..#.##..
 ....#... ...#.#.# #.###... ..#..... ###.#... ....#... ...#.... ...#.##.
 .....#.. ...#.#.. ........ ..#..##. #.#..#.# ...#.... ..#...## .#.##.##

CARD 240 CARD 241 CARD 242 CARD 243 CARD 244 CARD 245 CARD 246 CARD 247
 ....#..# .#####.# ..#.##.. #.###.#. ..#.###. #.#....# ....#..# .####..#
 ...#.... .#.#.##. ....##.. ###.#### .....### ...##..# ...##.#. .###..#.
 #.####.. ...#.... .#.##.## #.#..... .#.##.## .##.#..# #.###... .##.#..#
 ###.#... ..#.##.. ....#..# #..#...# ....#..# .#####.# ....#... .#####.#
 #.#..#.# .....#.. ....##.# .##.#..# ....#.#. ####.... #.####.. ####....
 #.#....# .##.#.#. #.####.. .#.#.... #.####.. ..#.##.. ###.#... ..#.##..
 #.###... .#####.# ###.#... ...#..#. ###.#... .....##. #.#..#.# .....###
 .....#.. ####.... #.#..#.# .##...#. #.#..#.# .#.##.## #.#....# .#....#.

CARD 248 CARD 249 CARD 250 CARD 251 CARD 252 CARD 253 CARD 254 CARD 255
 .###..#. .#####.. #.#..... ....##.. ..#.##.. ......## .#..#### #..##...
 ...#.... ####.... .##.#... .......# .....#.. ##.##..# .#....## .###.#.#
 ..#.##.. ..#.##.. .#####.. #.##.#.# ..####.. .#..#.## .####.#. #....#.#
 ....#### .....#.# ####.... #.##.### ....#... ##.##..# .#.#..## ###..#.#
 #.####.. #.##..## ..#.##.. ##...... #...#.## #...#.## #.#.#### ...#.#..
 ###.#... #.####.. .....#.# .##..... #.###.## #.###.## .#####.. .##..#.#
 #.##...# ###.#... #.##.... .#####.. ........ ##...... ####.... #.##.###
 .##....# #.##.#.# ...#.... ####.... .....#.. ##.##..# ..#..#.. ........
Joe Zbiciak refers (like me) to CARDS instead of the Inty spelling CARTS.

What would be free to share is his SDK-1600 "mini-GROM" font as long as i keep the credits and and probably link to his stuff, that's what any coder likes (the GROM has 256 cards as you see, the GRAM can only hold 64 either copied from GROM i.e to flip or rotate them or to create own cards in other terms the GRAM can't hold the complete font and that is a reason why you often see intellivision games using only uppercase letters it's a different way to display them and this manner leaves only the uppercase letters, but i could setup a new list for the GRAM at any point this is possible, Joe himself uses a complete different manner for the SDK-1600 which offers much more as just 64 cards with the exact same amount of RAM, in principles he uses only the "MOB" moveable objects even for cards, these have to be declared pixel by pixel but the amount is quasi unlimited since you load them to GRAM by use and not like the cards in advance)
But i haven't converted his SDK-1600 font yet, it looks very similar to the above, leave away some serifs that's all and you have a new "uncopyrighted" font, as i said 8x8 pixels won't leave many possibilities.

NEXT

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:19 am

The ridiculous massive amount of backdrops to use for SimGen or WBPic.

I started this thread when i was still using SimGen and that for is the "(simgenial)" however since that i changed to WBPic.
Why?
For all the years i used SimGen because of a simple reason WBPic can leave ugly looking artefacts on the screen.
Now my backdrops are a complete overhaul and because i set the palette dynamical with SETCOLOR (one of the many same named but i will link to the proper one of which i guess is the most handy.
Since i set the palette after displaying the backdrop the artefacts vanished completely, the palette for my backdrops is:
0x05A 0x05A 0x05A 0x05A
Hence the title of this thread
"blue on blue with a blueish accent"

Sure it is an extra effort to create palettes but you can make of one backdrop quasi n-backdrops, recently when my emulated A2000 boots this (slightly varied) classic is shown:

If you look at the clock it's 3'o clock in the afternoon if it would be an hour later:
it's already evening.
Nah, four are fairly enough, morning, noon, evening, night.
Quite nice use of SETCOLOR and WBPic isn't it?
I prefer now WBPic because of two little things
a) no splash screen, that's a big fat kiss from me
b) due to that it has no splash screen it loads a tenth of a second faster - at least.

The SETCOLOR i use as i posted already didn't saves or loads palette files (like most similar do, eg, SMT SML, SAVE/SETCOLOR and so on...) it pokes to enter values to intuition (i guess) but it has the big advantage that you can tell on which surface the colors will end up, WB, FRONT or ACTIVE screen all the rest of setcolor programs can't and even worse they choose exactly the screen which lays beyond all others and as an example if you determine the palette in DPaint and use such a proggie it won't change the colors for the WB it will change the colors for the underlaying DPaint - that isn't useful at all. Plus that you can specify a delay ideal to set the colors after wIconify builded up a WB clone and to reach i.e. this:
A fast one bitplane non interlaced editor screen (colors are a matter of choice).
Unfortunately (that isn't such a misfortune) wIconify only allows to define one palette for all screens SETCOLOR does the job (no misfortune because this allows to set the palette systemwide and even if you don't use more as 2 bitplanes you can specify the rest of possible values up to 16 colors, registers 17, 18, 19 are the pointer colors, if it's not a PD WB, later more to this i found this very interesting, to sad the PD icon.library leaks of proper handling of the pointer colors it will display the pointer right but just as long as you don't like to change or to edit it, perhaps a wanted issue because of copyrights, because the PD icon.library would have it's advantages it loads the icons to fastram that is a little slower if the directory contains a lot of icons but therefore it saves resources of chip-ram)
Attachments
932.png
931.png
930.png

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am

Just as example how the turd looks like:

Useless, something in the script triggers this site :oops:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7174

I can only recommend wIconify it quite enhances the OS.
Sure it isn't the only pubscreen utility for O.S 1.3 but it is quite more as just this and as the name tells iconifies windows or screens for you, sure there is another proggie which does exactly this but them are then already two "OpenWB" and "Iconify" while latter can't offer you what wIconify does, to have a special icon for each application, screen or window you iconify, further to restrict apps, screens, windows from being affected by wIconify, this is very important since some don't like to be iconified, e.g. DPaint or SimCity.
"I-Control" would be also a fitting name "i control all for you".

Do only i have this impression?
Italian softs are brilliant!
proper documented and all in all a pleasure to use.

Of course you like to know how the companion script looks like (Start-in-CLI):
(let's see i already expect that it won't work)

eco lo

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7173

Why is it so problematic to post a piece of a script?
I mean this is "Amiga Love" one could expect that it will respect specialties of amiga dos scripts, no?
Dunno (yet) what triggers the site, probably the .dot declaring?. If i would know i would remove this from the examples.

HELP, i mean help!
:)
Attachments
Ed-Med-HiRes.zip
(60.15 KiB)
Start-in-CLI.zip
(1.13 KiB)

Gernot66

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:02 am

erm no... it is quite sad if i can't post scripts here...
NEXT TRY let's use doze linefeeds - a fail

.KEY FILE,NOPRO/s
.BRA {
.KET }
;
WICONIFY:wIconscreen 1 HIRES ACTIVATE NOBEHIND ;1 bitplane depth
WICONIFY:wOpenon ACTIVE_SCREEN
SETCOLOR WAIT=1 ACTIVE 0,$000 1,$5A0 ;bright green on black
ECHO >T:tmp{$$} "C:SETFONT WB7 8 WINDOW"
;comment
EXECUTE S:Start-in-CLI "EXECUTE S:ED.s {file} {nopro}" SHELLCMD NEWSHELL WINDOW CON:0/10/640/240/ED/nmsd STARTUP T:tmp{$$} EXIT
DELETE >NIL: T:tmp{$$} QUIET
no obvious reason i just removed a comment, heck why?
so here's the comment i had to strip out it belongs to ";comment":

this temp file is the "startup" file for the shell, in difference to CLIExe and similar
my scripted "Start-in-CLI" allows to define a startup script, intentionally meant
to execute a script like "shell-startup" before it executes the script/program itself
but it could be any script ("startup" expects a script).

execute it in a shell using "Start-in-CLI" (replaces CLIExe and similar)

Return to “Software”