intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:47 pm

Incredibly, in the wake of having acquired a Cyberstorm MK2 060 board recently I also just won a Phase 5 Cybervision 64/3D RTG card for only $157.

I know, right? :boing: <3

While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I went ahead and grabbed its installation disk to get the libraries and tools installed ahead of time.

I installed ImageFX 3.0 last week, and frankly it kinda sucks using that with my ZZ9000. Why? Because none of the ZZ's graphics modes are supported in ImageFX; they lock the machine up when I try to switch to any of the preview modes that offer more than 16 colors. And from what I can tell, the latest version of ImageFX by A-EON in 2020 still to this day doesn't support P96 drivers. So... I think I'm very likely to pull the ZZ9000 out and switch it with the CV64/3D.

RTG is really awesome, and looks amazing on my gorgeous little LCD. No doubt about it. But I want to actually do more than make Workbench look pretty. And using ImageFX with the ZZ right now means a fuzzy screen with low colors for the preview screens.

Who wants to use photo editing software in 16 colors? Yeah... me, neither.

But here's the thing. I went and grabbed the Installation disk (I got the -30 one with the most recent date from June 20, 1997). I went through the installer - very nice one, too, by the way - and installed the extra modules it provided for ImageFX. I was totally cruising. And then, near the end of the process, it did this:
IMG_6756.JPG
Say what?

There isn't a Disk 2.

Now, on the disk there is a Tools drawer, and in there was an installer which I ran separately. It appeared to install a lot of extra libraries.

Even the manual states there is only one disk.
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 1.39.30 PM.png
"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope."

Does anyone out there have a clue about what Disk 2 this installer is asking for?

AXm77

Posted Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:59 pm

???!!! :shock: :o Did you try to play Lotto or sumthing.. :mrgreen:

Did you try a disk from Aminet? Readme file talking about 2 disk intallation modified to single HD FDD or RAM disk.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:50 pm

Update:

Some friends recommended I try creating an assign for the "Tools" drawer on the installation disk. I did that, but I'm still the installation disk is still asking for a Disk 2. Baffling.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:22 pm

Update #2;

This makes no sense to me but here's what happened.

Based on the advice of Crispy, in a hail-mary effort I named a blank floppy disk "CV3D-Tools."

I copied the Tools drawer from the installation disk onto it, then copied all of the drawers contents into the root, too. I then turned the machine off and back on again just to clear it all out. After booting up, I loaded the install disk and put the new "tools" disk in a drive.

During the install process (probably the 20th attempt), not once did I ever see it seek the other disk, nor ask for it. But the install completed for some reason.

:ghost:

Return to “Software”