Solex68

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:44 pm

Is there a chance someone can send me a Workbench Disk 1.2 for my Amiga 1000?
I bought it used but the Workbench is corrupt and will not boot. I do have the original disk and I own
two copies of "Amiga Forever" v9 but I have no way to get the image onto a floppy :(
I'm in a pickle. I thought there would be plenty on eBay but there isn't unless I want to overpay to
get it from Europe.
I'd gladly pay for shipping or create a Small Box USPS label and email it to you. I just want to
play with the 1000 and the Public Domain disks it came with.
Preferably shipped from USA so it is cheap :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Solex, where are you located? I am on vacation but I'd be happy to put a disk in the mail for you on July 1 if you covered the cost of the disk and shipping.

I'm in Washington state.

By the way, have you seen this post?

nullsleep

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:31 am

Solex68 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:44 pm
I do have the original disk and I own two copies of "Amiga Forever" v9 but I have no way to get the image onto a floppy :(
If you've got a null-modem serial cable, try AmigaXfer, which is free.

If not, get a serial cable. It's way too useful.

Full disclosure: I wrote AmigaXfer.

Gernot66

Posted Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:11 am

TOSEC?
I know it's still copyrighted but i found any Amiga O.S. in the archive - it might need some time to find what you like.
Btw, is there a good reason for OS1.2?

Gernot66

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:37 am

Solex, may i ask how you came to your nick? Your'e an american citizen as i assume but the Solex is (for me) this thing here:
I owned one in my youth, it's French but it was quite popular in Switzerland.
Not the strongest velociped but something different.

Pardon me for gettig off topic but your nick has a certain meaning to me.

Solex68

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:01 pm

Solex68 is a nickname because the car I drive is a 1968 Datsun Roadster and it has Solex carbs on it which were a rare factory option for the car here in America.
My car is the silver one in this link.
http://datsunvents.com/dvimage/Customer ... 20426).jpg

In 1967ish. Mikuni made a deal with the Solex carburetor corporation to manufacture a copy of the Solex 44 PHH. Then Datsun (Nissan) put two of the Mikuni/Solexes on their engines and raced their little convertibles. They even beat out Porsches of that time. Anway, That is where my nickname came from.

Return to “Software”