Overmann

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:52 am

My favourite text editor on the Amiga was always Interword. It came on the CU Amiga august 1993 cover disk and is fantastic! It has a very sparse interface and just the features you'll need to get writing done. I wrote school assignments on my Amiga well into the late 90's and possibly early 2000's using Interword.

The company that made interword also made interoffice, but I don't have much experience with the other programs in that package. I'm sure they're at least competent.

I urge everyone to give it a try. I don't know if it's a full word processor but for creative writing or to just get in the zone and write it has worked wonderfully for me. I am actally using it to flesh out a game design at the moment. I still find it very easy to use.

http://amr.abime.net/issue_606

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 am

Thanks a lot for that suggestion.

I really love it when I get contemporary hints from people who have been there back then and used the Amiga for something actually.

I recently browsed through an old WB-install of a system I acquired and it really felt like a time warp.

My impression is that especially in terms of software we forget how things worked even a few years ago.

Thanks a lot!

maurensen

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:27 am

Man you used tears for fears shout lyric one of my favourites groups! Respect bro!:-)

Wavemaker
Poland
Website

Posted Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:25 pm

I use Excellence! to write articles for K&A Plus. Very solid and simple, perfect for ASCII editing.

I read today that it was the first WYSIWYG word processor on the system, not sure if that is true.

roscoe500

Posted Wed May 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks for this article. Since reading I have been using WordPerfect on my A500 for some longer bits of writing for work and loving it, totally sold on the distraction free UI and typing on the Amiga feels good without the distractions that can happen on a modern networked PC.

Thanks for the ADFs, never used WordPerfect back in the day and have to confess didn't know it existed on the Amiga. I used Transwrite in the early 90s with a dot-matrix printer, then later Wordsworth and finally AmigaWriter in the early 2000s with an inkjet printer.

<3

Return to “Software”