Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:56 am

Absolutely! I think another library for PD or Fish or whatever is a fantastic idea. Original format via ADF is much preferable, IMHO.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:20 am

I went through my stacks last night and I look to have over 100 DevWare disks now. It's not complete, of course, but it's a pretty broad swath of interesting stuff.

I also have (interesting IMO) several "Disks of the Month" from various user groups all over the country. I'd love to get these out there, too, as I don't think they are captured anywhere. I found 5 from SACC (Sacramento) and contacted the guy who runs that club today, Jerry Gray. He asked if I'd make ADFs of 2 of the ones I'd found, which I did. But I'd like to put all of them including other user group monthly disks out there. Some of the Text Docs alone are really interesting to read through.

The two I converted will get added to their site here after AmiWest 2022 is past them. Amazing how many are missing. It's too bad, as many of them are little time capsules that can lead to interesting places.

Like, last night I saw the 2 disks I was working on had been originally assembled by a man named Ken Barton. After a bit of research, I found Ken here. He died two years after making the disks I'd found, and happened to be a board member of the SACC back in '96. Pretty cool, and kind of wild to see that listed on his obituary - it was a big enough part of his life that the family put that info in the limited space they had.

<3

gybrsh

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 am

I really like those PD-compilations.
If the archive was nothing more than a list of adfs, it would still be good enough as exploring those disks is the fun part for me.

nullsleep

Posted Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:51 pm

Please upload to http://archive.org for forever preservation.

It'll also eventually cause the contents to be indexed in http://discmaster.textfiles.com/

Return to “Software”