Amiga OS, Workbench and Kickstart, Utilities, Optimizations, Hacks and all things file/usage related
Bulletdust

by Bulletdust posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:00 am

Just thought I'd post a link to Term 4.8. I see posts regarding A-Term III, which I have installed to my HDD and is good, fut personally I prefer Term 4.8 as I can actually multitask one screen in front of the other using it - Very handy and very easy to install to HDD, just extract the files to the folder of your choosing, easy!

Term 4.8 also supports ANSI, whereas I don't think A-Term III does.

Link here:

http://aminet.net/package/comm/term/Term

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 am

Dude - thanks for the link. I'm always on the hunt for more Terminal programs to contrast and compare. I'll definitely check it out. Looks like it has a bazillion different options. If it lets me customize the color palette and font sizes (like A-Talk III) I'll call that a keeper.

FWIW, AT3 does support ANSI. It's on a mouse-over selection under the "Terminal > Emulator" menus.
Attachments
IMG_3314.jpg
Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

by Zippy Zapp posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Cool, thanks for sharing. I remember back when we were using this stuff new, we were always on the hunt for the ultimate Terminal program both in the 64 and Amiga days. I can't even count how many terminals we tried out then. I have a vague recollection of Term. I think at some point we were using Terminus. I say "we" because it was usually not just me, but my 64/Amiga friends too as we were all borderline obsessed with terminal hunting. :lol:
Bulletdust

by Bulletdust posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:34 pm

intric8 wrote:Dude - thanks for the link. I'm always on the hunt for more Terminal programs to contrast and compare. I'll definitely check it out. Looks like it has a bazillion different options. If it lets me customize the color palette and font sizes (like A-Talk III) I'll call that a keeper.

FWIW, AT3 does support ANSI. It's on a mouse-over selection under the "Terminal > Emulator" menus.

Cheers Intric8! I thought AT3 may have had an ANSI mode, hence why I was so tentative in claiming that it didn't support ANSI.
Bulletdust

by Bulletdust posted Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Zippy Zapp wrote:Cool, thanks for sharing. I remember back when we were using this stuff new, we were always on the hunt for the ultimate Terminal program both in the 64 and Amiga days. I can't even count how many terminals we tried out then. I have a vague recollection of Term. I think at some point we were using Terminus. I say "we" because it was usually not just me, but my 64/Amiga friends too as we were all borderline obsessed with terminal hunting. :lol:

Everything just seems like a compromise, what you gain under one terminal package you loose in another. One package is stable, the other is not, a constant battle! Thanks for the comments.
LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

by LambdaCalculus posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 pm

I think I may have found myself a terminal program for AmigaOS 3.x at last. :)
Own: Amiga 500 (NTSC), Amiga 4000, Amiga 600 (PAL), Mac Mini G4 & iBook G4 (MorphOS), ThinkPad T40 (AROS), R.Pi3 (Amibian)
After: Amiga 1200

https://nostalgiaroadtrip.com
Bulletdust

by Bulletdust posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 am

LambdaCalculus wrote:I think I may have found myself a terminal program for AmigaOS 3.x at last. :)

Cheers my friend! When I'm not using 64Door on PETSCII sites, this is my terminal software of choice.
Bulletdust

by Bulletdust posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 pm

So I've been using Term 4.8 more and more on Synchronet BBS's - I have to say, as terminal software it's not only fully featured, but it works flawlessly!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

by Zippy Zapp posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Very cool. I plan on checking it out some more this weekend. Thanks for posting the info and screenshots.
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 am

Hi,
I always thought that NComm was the reference standard on the Amiga?
It's latest version 3.06 was released with a free key file as well.

Cheers,
McT