blakespot

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:11 pm

So I have been looking long and hard for SHAM encoders, ideally Rhett's own original one. I have Pixmate, GIFMachine, and SuperSHAM --- none of these will encode an image such that Rhett's ShamView will view them... He does not have a copy himself, and pointed me to the viewer V from Compute's Amiga Resource, which I found, but it won't view them either. It astonishes me that no one seems to have the original SHAM encoder.

I just DL'ed ADPro from this thread and will try it out.

It's worth noting that my No Man's Sky effort on the Amiga 1000 uses images I converted with HAM_Convert, the image converter from the dev who is attempting to add Dynamic High-Res to the program! Nice!

Erik, have you generated loads of similar Dynamic HAM or Dynamic Hi-Res images with DigiView? I'd love to see some -- there are almost no D Hi-Res images out there.

bp

blakespot

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Hmm. Installed ADPro 2. Almost anything I do on this WB 1.3 A1000 w/ HD install and 512K CHIP, 2MB FAST causes a guru. Is it 2.x+ only?

bp

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 am

Hey Blake! I'm just catching up on this thread.
Almost anything I do on this WB 1.3 A1000 w/ HD install and 512K CHIP, 2MB FAST causes a guru.
It's not 2.0, but I wonder if you're knocking on your .5mb chip. My current daily driver 1000 has 2mb chip, so I can't easily do a 1:1 comparison. But I do have the original boxed copy of ADPro with the manual. I'll pull that out later today and see if it shows any specific requirements.

L-Mo

Posted Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:47 am

Hello1

I just saw this discussion about generating Dynamic HiRes images and tthe DynamicHAM mode.
From what I remember:
All you need is hamlab. It's capable of converting into all these fascinating formats.

Regarding the Dynamic HAM mode:
I remember reading back then, that the sole purpose of Dynamic HAM was achieving better HAM images (LoRes) by reducing the HAM artefacts. This was achieved by optimized coppler lists, that included multiple variants for approximating possible color gradients in a less annyoing way. So they reduced the amount of colors for getting rid of HAM fringing.
Dynamic HAM images where a lilttle imporvement, but Dynamic HiRes for sure is the more exciting thing of both. Hamlab is capable of ceating both.

Return to “Software”