Shaohao
London
Website

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 am

Hi all!
Can someone tell me if for the last twenty years I have been imagining things or am I mixing up two titles? I remember a game an arcade, a platformer that started with our character getting out of his house and then running right. Hold your horses as it is not Jet Set Willy. We would run past snails ( I remember those snails distinctively) and a screen or two later there would be the end of the ground and we have to jump down. The rest of the game takes place beneath the ground. So that sounds like many games, right? Well, what has been absolutely killing me is that I REMEMBER the Popcorn tune playing when the character left his house. I browsed theoretically all uses of this tune in computer games and nothing fits. Do you have any idea what game could it be?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:17 am

It sounds like a Dizzy game almost. Was the main character an egg shape, lol?

LadyConstance
Crumpets
Website

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 am

Dizzy is a good shot but what came to my mind is a classic called Lode Runner. Truth is, I don't remember snails being there but I definitely remember running and lots of ladders going mostly down. That would fit the going underground description. I am also fairly sure that there was a Popcorn theme playing. But please correct me if I am wrong.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Were it not for the house I would say Pitfall II.

Return to “Games”