oldbull

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:37 pm

It refuses to install on NTSC. The floppy drive runs a bit then the install stops at a blank screen. I'm putting it aside until I can get an OSSC.

The seller did an excellent job packaging my order for shipment.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 am

The game says it runs on OCS but minimum requirements are 14Mhz (020).

I’d be stunned if the accelerator was needed during game loading, though. That can’t be.

That being said, it was developed in Poland. I wonder if it is PAL-only? Can’t find the video support anywhere.

Gorgeous looking River Raid game.

oldbull

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:21 am

Where do you see the (020) for Bridge Strike? I only see the 14Mhz. I've got that via the ACA500+. The webstore has another game (Tanks Furry) that does stipulate an 020 processor.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:53 pm

I seem to recall seeing it on EAB from a couple of years ago. But honestly 020 is virtually 14Mhz lingo, so it's sort of the same thing in my mind.

My first thought with any of these types of issues is always PAL/NTSC. And last I looked it wasn't clear to me if this game would run on NTSC hardware (or, at least if it has had support for it).

oldbull

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Ok, so I have two issues, both down to me interpreting the product info literally.

The game's product page did not explicitly state NTSC won't work.

Lack of consistency between product listings where one game stipulated 020 and the other did not. Until you told me I had no way of knowing that "14MHZ = 020 processor".

Thanks for clearing that up.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 pm

OK, I watched Amiga Bill's recorded stream of this game. Forty minutes in you see him launch it on his A1200 and the first thing he does switch it over to PAL mode. That's not a smoking gun that it is PAL-only, but it's close.
Attachments
clickofDeath.jpg

oldbull

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks for taking the time to watch his stream. I'll give the game another try after I get an OSSC. I already have an 8327 AGNUS which the ACA500+ can switch to PAL mode.

oldbull

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Update:

I bought the same EL CHEAPO HDMI/SCART converter Bill uses and got my A500 running in PAL. The animated intro for Bridge Strike plays fine, but the second disk stops dead after the computer acknowledges I switched floppies as requested. I give up.

Intric8 was correct. "14Mhz" means 020.

Return to “Games”