intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 am

My son and I have been playing Indiana Jones, Fate of Atlantis, for a few weeks together now. Nearly every night we'll sit down and play until we make some sort of progress. He's a fantastic problem solver and has come up with ideas I never would have thought of on my own. We make a good team.

Anway, at the beginning of the week we finally made it to the lovely Greek island of Crete. I actually visited Crete as a kid about a year younger than my son. Seeing the LucasArts representation on my Amiga's CRT was quite a thrill. The graphics in this game... I just love them. They look great. And the writing is so spot on. Everything about it - it really hits all the right buttons.

But there are times like with all of these types of games where we are near the end of our wits wondering what to do.

For the past three nights we've been clicking and searching and clicking and using and clicking...

Then, last night, a break-through! We finally found a hidden secret and progressed to a seriously creepy labyrinth (good place to stop). But getting to that point, each and every little win feels monumentous.

walldog

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:46 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 am
My son and I have been playing Indiana Jones, Fate of Atlantis, for a few weeks together now. Nearly every night we'll sit down and play until we make some sort of progress. He's a fantastic problem solver and has come up with ideas I never would have thought of on my own. We make a good team...
I like how you and your son are sharing that time together. I cant seem to get my kids interested but it take time sometimes.. Nice job on Indy!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:31 pm

Continuing this lovely thread to over here. This thread is long enough and has had a great run.

Return to “Games”