aScientist

Posted Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:43 am

Hello everyone

For years now on and off I have been searching for a game I'm beginning to doubt even exists! I've searched through countless web pages and have had no luck. There is a chance this was a c64 game rather than amiga but I doubt it due to the compexity of what I remember.

The game is sci-fi and involves flying around a landscape (maze?) made up of polygons and you have to shoot / activate doors to make them open. You may have to go through one zone to light a beacon or something then come back to the first to find a new locked door had open.

I seem to remember it had a mainly black cardboard box with some sci fi ish art on the front.

The closest comparison I can give you graphics wise (not gameplay) is the Mercenary series but like the underground parts in Mercenary 2 except thats what the entire game I'm looking for is like.

I know how frustratingly vague this description is - sorry!

rpiguy9907

Posted Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:47 am

aScientist wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:43 am
The game is sci-fi and involves flying around a landscape (maze?) made up of polygons and you have to shoot / activate doors to make them open. You may have to go through one zone to light a beacon or something then come back to the first to find a new locked door had open.
The gameplay sounds very similar to a 1995 PC game called Descent. I remember lighting beacons throughout to open doors and such.

ArtstateDigital
Wales, United Kingdom

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:15 am

Could it possibly be, SIMULCRA?

stevelord

Posted Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:28 pm

That does sound a bit like the underground parts of Starglider II.

austin90

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:23 am

Any luck with this? Haha reading the thread suddenly got me really invested in your search for it, because there's this PS2 game I once played that I feel the exact same way about; I'm not even sure it actually exists anymore. Worst part is, I don't even remember it well enough to describe elements of it, just the existence of it.

Return to “Games”